Slidebug wr

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
he10th3r310

Re: Slidebug wr

Post by he10th3r310 »

Xinitiao wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:
he10th3r310 wrote:Offline too, Kranj at least. Time to do something about the physics?
Removed. I'll see if it's possible to prevent it without breaking everything.
Imho now is the best time it will ever be for a records reset, like in DSJ3 v 1.5 and 1.6, as the records on over 90% of the hills haven't been grinded yet.
I completely agree. Time to update the game once and for all. Also something about gibbons should be done but that could be harder because it has something to do with ragdoll physics that are possible to control even in very fast speeds.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

If a new, separate hill records list is done, improving legs behaviour physics should be made in case which could also make further improvements to length of jumps. Game needs still enough balance with landing difficulty. But to be honest, there is some help needed from experienced players, otherwise it will be harder to make it in proper way.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

One thing is that why could gate not be manually changed ingame also in single player world cup? That would stop seeking for wind/gate at least in some hills (flying hills still require headwind) and also add new styles to jumping, as you could take more aggressive style from upper gates like fly lower in flying hills but get more pressure in the end and possibly land from a lower angle for a record. You could try to find the gate where you could still stand jump but not too high or too low, also the best style for each hill. Also higher speeds make it significantly harder to control jump in air
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

he10th3r310 wrote:One thing is that why could gate not be manually changed ingame also in single player world cup? That would stop seeking for wind/gate at least in some hills (flying hills still require headwind) and also add new styles to jumping, as you could take more aggressive style from upper gates like fly lower in flying hills but get more pressure in the end and possibly land from a lower angle for a record. You could try to find the gate where you could still stand jump but not too high or too low, also the best style for each hill. Also higher speeds make it significantly harder to control jump in air
Personally I think it should be possible to manually choose wind for the world cup, but not gates. If you look at the "Longest landed jumps in practice!" thread, you can see that it is possible to land extremely long jumps on some hills, which is unrealistic (for example 170+ in Kuusamo).

On the subject of physics - I agree with the other replies in this thread. If there's ever going to be a change, it should be right now. And I agree that Jussi should cooperate with the best players if he decides to tweak the physics. If you have more people testing it, there's a higher chance that you uncover any potential problems before you release the update to the public (such as the bug still working or a different bug appearing), especially when the people testing it have a lot of experience with the game.
Kierownik

Post by Kierownik »

WR in Squaw Valley K108 is again done with slidebug. It's not the first time that player does so.
Ace

Post by Ace »

Also Turkey HS177 WR done with slidebug. Actually his Australia record is also bugged.
kzr

Post by kzr »

Ace wrote:Also Turkey HS177 WR done with slidebug. Actually his Australia record is also bugged.
Yea, semeniuk does slides very often, he should get banned too :(