Need help jumping please!

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
aherm_herm

Need help jumping please!

Post by aherm_herm »

Dear fellow jumpers!

I have been playing this game for some time, and my technique has been improving, however I am still not close to the lengths that the best jumpers manage.
I have been looking at some replays of the record jumps and noticed that just after take-off it seems that the jumper's body will move up and down for a second or two, and it looks like he gains some extra height due to this. My jumper does not have the same motion...is there something I am doing wrong? Or this some kind of "cheat" that I do not know about?

This really bugs me, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!
he10th3r310

Re: Need help jumping please!

Post by he10th3r310 »

aherm_herm wrote:Dear fellow jumpers!

I have been playing this game for some time, and my technique has been improving, however I am still not close to the lengths that the best jumpers manage.
I have been looking at some replays of the record jumps and noticed that just after take-off it seems that the jumper's body will move up and down for a second or two, and it looks like he gains some extra height due to this. My jumper does not have the same motion...is there something I am doing wrong? Or this some kind of "cheat" that I do not know about?

This really bugs me, so any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!
It's kinda stupid movement which requires a lot practise and very exact mouse sensitivity settings but you can do good lengths without that also. Look at jumps by Winczaszek or Sliwinski for example, they don't have this.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.