Take off

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
DrCal

Take off

Post by DrCal »

One thing I struggle with is making a powerful take off. No matter what I try I just cannot do it, and I have played other versions of DSJ so it's not like I'm an amateur. Having watched the WR replays etc, even trying to copy them doesn't seem to work for me.

Check out some of my replays (the new hills are a bit scrappy, since I'm struggling to make good takeoffs) and see if you can work out what I'm doing wrong - any help is appreciated!

I am using sensitivity currently at 2.0

Thx :mrgreen:
Daniel Calland - GBR
Total Length - 2478.64m
MJumper

Re: Take off

Post by MJumper »

What kind of mouse do you have? I once had a mouse that was "slant" so that the buttons were on different heights. It was nearly impossible to press both buttons exactly at the same time which is required for DSJ. Now I only play with perfectly symmetrical mouses.

Other than that, I guess its just about timing. But you shouldn't take too much advice from me, takeoffs are still my biggest problem too :D.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I also rememberd another thing: anti-aliasing causes some minor lag for me (not very powerful graphics on my PC) and if I have it enabled, all of my takeoffs are a bit "later than expected" because the visual response is too slow.
DrCal

Post by DrCal »

I only have a really cheap mouse - I tried an expensive one, but I had problems with the jumper always leaning to the left. So it's just a basic optical mouse at the moment
Daniel Calland - GBR
Total Length - 2478.64m
dullek

Post by dullek »

cheap is ok as long as the mouse still got its tail (=cable).