Logest standing jump in Bad Mittendorf in training?

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

246,53 meters - also without crashing.

I basically think that beta 2 is a huge improvement to beta 1 when it comes down to realism, but Jussi still has to do some tweaking for the landing. I mean, I jumped 214 meters in competition and tried a telemark landing, which was basically a normal try, but resulted in a crash - so the landing physics have already become more realistic, which is great of course. But 246 meters ... that's almost completely plain already! The jumper would break several bones of his body, probably be crippled for the rest of his life. Jussi still needs to do some tweaking here so that it's impossible to land at ... let's say ... 230 meters for Bad Mitterndorf. Maybe that's even too much, I dunno. It's a game, so maybe 230 meters should be the limit.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The basic flaw currently is that I calculate the strain only to muscles and not to bones or joints. So, If you land with straight legs, there's less strain to muscles but would be too much for the bones and joints.
I guess that I could include bone braking later... :twisted:
lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica »

I landed 249m...
So im the unoffical WR holder...
piter_ski

Post by piter_ski »

Jussi Koskela wrote:The basic flaw currently is that I calculate the strain only to muscles and not to bones or joints. So, If you land with straight legs, there's less strain to muscles but would be too much for the bones and joints.
And the game should be locked for about one year as the player is in a hospital :lol: Now, I wonder how many players would jump in practice mode from gate no. 35, in that case :lol:
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

piter_ski wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:The basic flaw currently is that I calculate the strain only to muscles and not to bones or joints. So, If you land with straight legs, there's less strain to muscles but would be too much for the bones and joints.
And the game should be locked for about one year as the player is in a hospital :lol: Now, I wonder how many players would jump in practice mode from gate no. 35, in that case :lol:
i think everybody has already tried this at kulm :D

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Thanatos

Post by Thanatos »

Bone braking, yes! And broken bones statistics plus the same for fatal accidents would be nice. I mean.. Kulm and Gate 35 already claimed [insert number (2000+)] lives. :( O_o
TPo

Post by TPo »

Thanatos wrote:Bone braking, yes! And broken bones statistics plus the same for fatal accidents would be nice. I mean.. Kulm and Gate 35 already claimed [insert number (2000+)] lives. :( O_o
Ilove how the game is turning into Hyppyturvat :lol: Hopefully someone understands what I mean.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Jesus4000

Post by Jesus4000 »

Thanatos wrote:Bone braking, yes! And broken bones statistics plus the same for fatal accidents would be nice. I mean.. Kulm and Gate 35 already claimed [insert number (2000+)] lives. :( O_o
can't say more than "+1"
TehBaggins

Post by TehBaggins »

DSJ meets Porrasturvat! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here. http://jet.ro/dismount/ )

On second thought, that would be bloody awesome!

Edit: Damn you, TPo!
popoo

Post by popoo »

New world record!!!
251,05 m with landing in Bad Mitterndorf, gate 43:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipxhqvGAq2o
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Gate 43? Why not jump from gate 99?
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

popoo wrote:New world record!!!
251,05 m with landing in Bad Mitterndorf, gate 43:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipxhqvGAq2o
youre cheater :x

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))
Roosek

Post by Roosek »

KubaZa

l

Post by KubaZa »

My only 198m ;( 249m - cheats? xd