Cannot jump at all :|

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
Amont

Cannot jump at all :|

Post by Amont »

Hey everybody..
I'm one of those fellas who played DSJ versions 1 and 2 back in the old days. And now recently I was pleasantly surprised to find a new version available, and I was all eager to rediscover this game.
But, I can't seem to be able to jump. Whenever I take-off, the jumper just does saltos and falls, however I try to control his body movements etc. I read the jumping instructions to see if I was doing it wrong.. seemingly no, but yet I can't even make a short jump and land properly, not to mention controlling the jumper mid-air.
Also tried lowering the mouse sensitivity, but to no avail. I still fall and make somersaults while flying.

Any hints or tips? Something I should change? I remember back in the old days, jumping itself was easy, just making it far to the records was difficult.

Thanks,
Amont
sb103

Re: Cannot jump at all :|

Post by sb103 »

Amont wrote:Hey everybody..
I'm one of those fellas who played DSJ versions 1 and 2 back in the old days. And now recently I was pleasantly surprised to find a new version available, and I was all eager to rediscover this game.
But, I can't seem to be able to jump. Whenever I take-off, the jumper just does saltos and falls, however I try to control his body movements etc. I read the jumping instructions to see if I was doing it wrong.. seemingly no, but yet I can't even make a short jump and land properly, not to mention controlling the jumper mid-air.
Also tried lowering the mouse sensitivity, but to no avail. I still fall and make somersaults while flying.

Any hints or tips? Something I should change? I remember back in the old days, jumping itself was easy, just making it far to the records was difficult.

Thanks,
Amont
http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2037