New options for random hill selection

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

New options for random hill selection

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I have now implemented a new system for choosing hills randomly for the online tournaments:
  1. It's possible to divide the hills into different groups and specify how many hills will be chosen randomly from each group.
  2. It's possible to adjust the selection probability for each hill (within the group).

This makes it possible to pick the hills for online tournaments from a larger pool of hills but still make sure that majority of the competed hills will be large / ski flying hills that are present also in real life world cup.

We could for example divide the hills to following groups:
  • Ski flying hills * 4
  • Large hills * 20
  • Normal/medium hills * 8
Additionally we could give a larger probability of occurence for those hills which are actively competed in real life world cup. For example 2x probability.

What do you think?
wap

Re: New options for random hill selection

Post by wap »

In my opinion 8 * Normal/medium hills is too much comparing to Ski flying hills . In real life there are more ski flying hills. My suggestion is the same number of Normal/medium hills and Ski flying hills. It's a good idea with larger probability of occurence.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Sounds cool. Hills that are in real life WC every year could be in some main group, while the other less known/less jumped could be in second group and make them appear less. Then it can be quite surprising which of the less known hills suddenly appear in world cup.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

I've talked to people about it and don't be surprised, that no one is speaking after that like you don't answer to someone's suggestions / questions.It can't be like that.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m