Ski Flying

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.
SoBo

Ski Flying

Post by SoBo »

Hello Jussi, could you return the Sky Flying Cup that had official tournament hills, like what it used to be i mean Harrachov HS205, Bad Mittendorf HS235, Vikersund HS 240 and Obersdorf HS235.
Additionally, a good idea to implement into the World Cup and Norating with 45 hills, could be jumping on all the hills, rather than waiting before it draws another one. As for WOT, it is good, it should draw the hills but for everyday play it is better to do 45 hills. What do you think :?:
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Xinitiao

Re: Ski Flying

Post by Xinitiao »

SoBo wrote:Hello Jussi, could you return the Sky Flying Cup that had official tournament hills, like what it used to be i mean Harrachov HS205, Bad Mittendorf HS235, Vikersund HS 240 and Obersdorf HS235.
I disagree, the ski flying cup works great as it is.
Also, the ski flying cup never used to contain just the hills mentoned above, and especialy never ever was without Planica :lol:
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Xinitiao wrote:
SoBo wrote:Hello Jussi, could you return the Sky Flying Cup that had official tournament hills, like what it used to be i mean Harrachov HS205, Bad Mittendorf HS235, Vikersund HS 240 and Obersdorf HS235.
I disagree, the ski flying cup works great as it is.
Also, the ski flying cup never used to contain just the hills mentoned above, and especialy never ever was without Planica :lol:

I forgot to write about Planica HS240 it is a fact, "Also, the ski flying cup never used to contain just the hills mentoned above", maybe you were playing a different game? And just so you know, this question was for Jussi not you.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

And this forum is for all people, if you want to write just to Jussi, write him an email. Also, I dont know which game you were playing, but I remember that ski flying cup used to have kulm200, harra205, obe213 and planica215.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Additionally, a good idea to implement into the World Cup and Norating with 45 hills, could be jumping on all the hills, rather than waiting before it draws another one. As for WOT, it is good, it should draw the hills but for everyday play it is better to do 45 hills. What do you think :?:
I have tried to keep the number of cups limited so that the players won't split into too many different cups. With regards the number of hills in non-stop World cup / No-rating cup I am not sure if playing all 45 hills takes too much time...
Tom2

Post by Tom2 »

In terms of SFC, I actually agree that something like non stop "Real Ski Flying Cup" (with Harr205, BM235, Obe235, Viker240 and Planica240) is a good idea as well, maybe giving all these hills like twice (2 x 5 = 10 competitions) would be the best solution. It existed on old hills before 1.8.0, so... I'm sure there would be plenty of players coming there. WC/No-Rating with 45 seems a bit too much to my standards, although DSJ3 still has servers with all 40 hills included. So maybe it's feasible, but I'm not sure if other players really want it this way... maybe as a separate server.

It's just my opinion. I believe more people should be able to speak about that as well, maybe voting on mediamond forum could get it done, the same way as in case of Weeklys.
DSJ3 TL: 7755.36m (#39), peak: 1325 (#490)
DSJ4 TL: 3550.97m (#3), online: 3506.29m (#11), peak: 1942 (#5)

DSJ3 PB: 318.88m (#19)
DSJ4 PB: 242.88m (#2)