Open source?

General discussion about the PC version of DSJ2.
sado1

Open source?

Post by sado1 »

Now that DSJ2 is kinda free (although since yesterday the anniversary code seems to have vanished from the site?), what do you think, Mr Koskela, about releasing the source code for everyone? I'm so sure there would be someone mad enough to add awesome features (multiplayer, linux port, proper windows version?) to the game that started everything :) Also, another question - what's the language DSJ2 was written in?
TPo

Re: Open source?

Post by TPo »

sado1 wrote:Now that DSJ2 is kinda free (although since yesterday the anniversary code seems to have vanished from the site?), what do you think, Mr Koskela, about releasing the source code for everyone? I'm so sure there would be someone mad enough to add awesome features (multiplayer, linux port, proper windows version?) to the game that started everything :) Also, another question - what's the language DSJ2 was written in?
Its written in turbo pascal. It would be awesome if the code was released :) IMO it would be so fun to learn this language just to add some extra hills.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
staly

Post by staly »

Is it really written in Turbo Pascal ? I've learned it for 1 year in high-school. If it was open source, it wouldn't be easy to understand the code anyway. But if it's really written in TP, have a big thumb !
Yes, I'm Polish.
TPo

Post by TPo »

Jussi, have you considered releasing the source, or at least the hill editor (or the en/decryption key if you used notepad)?
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup