DSJ2 and XP - problem =(

General discussion about the PC version of DSJ2.
Oyster

DSJ2 and XP - problem =(

Post by Oyster »

Hi,

I have a problem with DSJ2. I can run and play the game, but when I want to close DSJ system not working. I see only black image and I must enter ALT+CTRL+DEL to close it...
What's going on?

My PC specs:
-AMD DURON 850MHz
-256MB RAM
-GeForce FX5200
-DirectX 9.0c
-Windows XP Home Edition
ereml hajric

Re: DSJ2 and XP - problem =(

Post by ereml hajric »

Oyster wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with DSJ2. I can run and play the game, but when I want to close DSJ system not working. I see only black image and I must enter ALT+CTRL+DEL to close it...
What's going on?

My PC specs:
-AMD DURON 850MHz
-256MB RAM
-GeForce FX5200
-DirectX 9.0c
-Windows XP Home Edition
I had the same problem...but now I fixed it,with DOS box...I downloaded dos box and install it...run game in dos box...and now it works...so try to download dos box and run DSJ 2 there...it should works...

ups...sorry...I didn't read you post corectlly...but anyway,try it with dos box...for you problem I don't know the answer..
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Unfortunately I don't have any solution to your problem. DSJ2 was designed to run under DOS and the Windows XP's DOS mode might not be 100% compatible with it. Though, on my computer there are no problems running it.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

I've installed DOS box and I can close the game, but DSJ is running VERY VERY SLOW and in a window mode...

Ermel, maybe you know how to fix it? ;)
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

great... :)

well for full screen you have to push alt+enter...and to go back,you do the same...

to speed game up you push ctrl+F12
to slow down game:ctrl+F11
to decrease framskip:ctrl+F7
to increase framskip:ctrl+F6

enjoy in playing DSJ 2 :wink:
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Thanks! Now it works good :)

I have yet a one question: is there a slowdown for DSJ2? I know cpugrab, but I don't want press after every jump ALT+TAB, stop the slowdown, back to the game, etc. :?
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

@Oyster

hmmm...I heard about some wind-manipulator for V 2.0...and you go out from rpl with good wind...and then you get that wind...
for slow-down I also heard somthin,but never tryed nothing of this...but in dos-box you can adjust speed...but it is true when you set it on slow...then game is really slow :)

so for your question,I am not the right answer...becouse when I played DSJ 2,I played normaly...withouth nothing...for all this kinda tolls,I just heard...like sometime for DSJ 3...I played normaly hard to get somthin...and then shows this called x-speed tool...

my sugestion:find a good speed in game for you(in dos box),and look for good wind...and jump...leave this tools...it is better to jump without..but if you wanna to k now more...ask the best players of DSJ 2...(Domin,Romek,.....)
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Ok. Anyways - thanks for the help :)
Mazik

Post by Mazik »

I had a dosbox but the game still didnt work properly i spent about 2 hours with my friend entering all the codes before it actually started to work, but even tho the game finaly displayed, it was in the small window and it was lagging alot.
mys619

Post by mys619 »

on a dosbox game play very slow. I was downloaded dsj 2 from this site (www.mediamond.fi) and I'm play on XP, game is trial version but when you "BUY LICENSE" :D game play crazy :)
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

well,
ctrl+12 to faster ( about to 100 000)
and you can REGISTERIN DSJ210 FREE, look at Mediamond´s hoome page to code.

only 16 Jumpers or 32 hills.
...Selection in progress...