REMASTERED HILLS - Presentation of remastered Jussi Koskela's hills

General discussion about DSJ4.
Gorišek Bros.

REMASTERED HILLS - Presentation of remastered Jussi Koskela's hills

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

Starting from today we will present our efforts on remastering original hills starting from Bad Mitterndorf HS200. The new version includes realistic lines and numbers. No changes to the inrun were made.

MikesCZ

Re: REMASTERED HILLS - Presentation of remastered Jussi Koskela's hills

Post by MikesCZ »

Look great! What are the plans with hill records? Will we start from scratch on remastered hills or are all updates just cosmetics and not invalidating old records?
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

As said in the 1.10 announcement thread - in 1.10 cosmetic changes won't invalidate records.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Gorišek Bros.

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

Today is the second part of our effort to remaster the original hills. This time it is Bischofshofen HS78! The new version contains realistic lines and numbers. No changes have been made to the inrun.

LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

Gorišek Bros. wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 20:40 Today is the second part of our effort to remaster the original hills. This time it is Bischofshofen HS78! The new version contains realistic lines and numbers. No changes have been made to the inrun.

Why isn't the author of the original hills remastering them (if it's even necessary to do so)? The end result would have been much better imho.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Now that there will be an opportunity to create more realistic jumps, I wonder if there will be an opportunity to create at the bottom of the Vikersund jump from twigs to make a triangular pattern, as it really is. Greetings to all performers of excellent ski jumps.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

I apologize for some of the words in the text because it helps me translate my best friend, googel.
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 12:13 Now that there will be an opportunity to create more realistic jumps, I wonder if there will be an opportunity to create at the bottom of the Vikersund jump from twigs to make a triangular pattern, as it really is. Greetings to all performers of excellent ski jumps.
Yes you will be able to make something like that.
Gorišek Bros.

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

Third day and third hill. Today we present Bischofshofen HS142. This is the first hill from Jussi Koskela that will get a hill size update. Also, the inrun has been changed to an artificial ice inrun and customized barriers and lines have been added.

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

LikeTacos wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 20:55 Why isn't the author of the original hills remastering them (if it's even necessary to do so)? The end result would have been much better imho.
I have had my hands full of work improving the core of the game to support these updates to the hills. The volunteering fans are doing great job!
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Great job! We are waiting for disclosure bigger secrets! I'm glad something is starting to happen :lol: :lol: :lol:The hill looks insane !!!!!!I will have a higher inrun speed on artificial ice inrun ? can you explain it to me, all commiunity because there is heated debate, should we search in the Internet other lubricants adapted to the DSJ, or can we use the old ones? Give me an answer please :lol: :lol: :lol:
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Gorišek Bros.

Post by Gorišek Bros. »

Fourth day, fourth hill. Welcome to snowy Switzerland on the Gross-Titlis-Schanze! In the remaster of this hill, refreshed fences and a new, quite easy to remember layout are waiting for you!

Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

Will Engelberg HS140 replace the "original" Engelberg HS137? Or there will still be two Engelberg hills available?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Lechoo wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 17:38 Will Engelberg HS140 replace the "original" Engelberg HS137? Or there will still be two Engelberg hills available?
It will replace the old version. The physical properties of the hill will remain the same, so the old hill records / replays will be compatible as such.

Edit: Ok, I got it wrong. There will be two versions.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

^
Why? Engelberg HS137 (visible on screenshot) and Engelberg HS140 are two different hills.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen