Cheating being promoted by Karciarz

General discussion about DSJ4.
Tom2

Re: Cheating being promoted by Karciarz

Post by Tom2 »

RZYMDZIO wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 16:08 But you don't have to use Cheat Engine for windsearching online ;)
As I wrote before - my script also can be used w/o CE, even in two ways :) You can either use only Autohotkey (the only difference: you need to stare at computer to manually stop the script), or I could alternatively implement it without Cheat Engine, but with OCR (optical character recognition). Both ways are equivalent. But that's a different case :P
DSJ3 TL: 7755.36m (#39), peak: 1325 (#490)
DSJ4 TL: 3550.97m (#3), online: 3506.29m (#11), peak: 1942 (#5)

DSJ3 PB: 318.88m (#19)
DSJ4 PB: 242.88m (#2)
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

If you consider yourself a top tier player, you will be able to beat records with any given wind conditions. 8)
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

@Tom2: It's pointless, because even with that script, you still find the same winds you would normally find with standard clicking procedure. As Patryk already explained:

And that's not a shortcut sometimes xDDDD? With the current wind system be it Offline or Online you can click for hours and you will find nothing :lol: Strange :? Your records are available, and your wind to the gate is all the time perfect, give me your script i will not waste my time Online, i will jump 100 new WR, because i can, same as you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was always something wrong with you Tomcio, but it gets worse........It's a pity for words
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Tom2

Post by Tom2 »

SoBo wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 17:34 With the current wind system be it Offline or Online you can click for hours and you will find nothing :lol:
False.
Sobo wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 17:34
Your records are available, and your wind to the gate is all the time perfect
False.

rubinot42

Post by rubinot42 »

Sobo is right, Tom, you made an illegal tool what it makes searching wind easier so you should get rid of from Internet. Jussi is right, you definitely should refrain your tool or change the form of it.
Tom2

Post by Tom2 »

rubinot42 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 21:17 so you should get rid of from Internet.
I've already done that.
rubinot42 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 21:17 Jussi is right, you definitely should refrain your tool or change the form of it.
I've already told what changes could I apply to avoid using Cheat Engine in this script, but it would need to be accepted by the owner, so for the moment, I'm not doing anything about it. Maybe it's about time to have a dedicated record hunting mode from Jussi's hands.

Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

SoBo: IMO your critizism of using external programs is valid. I don´t like it either and Jussi is not a big fan of it and Tom said he wouldn´t do it, if it´s not ok with Jussi, so problem solved for now.
Good. I think you missunderstand some structures of how the Gorisek-Jussi relation works.
As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong please) Grosisek give feedback to Jussi, and then Jussi programs it to be in the game. So when Jussi says, there is no change in the wind for online, it is like that,
As for hills added for online. The regulation for verifying hills changed, so hills like Vinicunca and stuff won´t happen anymore. Also there are more people involved in testing hills, before they might get verified. So more opinions shoulkd result in a more fair outcome.
Changes to server structures etc is always a possibllity. (I know you are not a fan of the current setup) .
Some of the new features(that Jussi confirmed for the next version) seems pretty cool so far and I look forward to that, so there is a huge possibility, costum hills would get even better. But set hill records might be a problem for the upgraded visuals, but I think this problem is still beeing looked at. ( might be just dangerous half knowledge, I think I read it somewhere here in the forums though)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 20:32 The regulation for verifying hills changed, so hills like Vinicunca and stuff won´t happen anymore.
The regulations havent been changed yet, so it's still up for discussion 8)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

^
It's not.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Siatko

Post by Siatko »

This is a moot point, although I will not entirely agree that it is fraudulent. The script does not affect the length of jumps. Of course Tom uses CE for this, but as Tom has already pointed out - it is not necessary. Secondly, this script is actually a desire of players for a long time. A lot of people have been saying for a long time that they want something like Record Hunting mode or the option to set the wind in the World Cup. It shouldn't suddenly surprise anyone that after 10 years of playing the game, someone smarter finally came along and used their IT skills to create a script that makes the game more enjoyable. Maybe Jussi, instead of banning such things from the players, will simply introduce the option to set the wind himself? To say that people are lazy and consider this is silly, because just making this script and setting it up to make everything work is a bit time consuming. Instead of calling people uncreative it's better to just make an option in the game so you don't have to use some external program like CE or other scripts. Clinging to the fact that Tom is a bit more clever and invented something that shortens the (already very long process of jumping a few hours + even if he finds you a beam, the lift is often weak, and if the game had the option to set yourself the wind as in training 2.0 then such situations would not exist) is just clinging and looking for a scandal, so you can say that: "Gorisek Bros. member uses illegal program and cheats big scandal, big scandal!!!" In my opinion Jussi should leave for the players as it is currently, that you can use the script, or in the future introduce just the option to set yourself the wind in the World Cup, or Record Hunting mode.
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

While everybody else calls him unfair or cheater let me be a bit more opposite and say it's good finally someone got rid of this ''problem'' which is nerve wracking, looking for wind, this is just STUPID. I don't see problem if everyone uses it, because I was for a ''record hunting mode'' years ago, which never appeared in game though.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Siatko wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 00:59 (...) uses CE for this, but as (...) pointed out - it is not necessary. (...) you don't have to use some external program like CE or other scripts.
Without getting addresses from Cheat Engine it is imho impossible to make this script working as player wants. Addresses can change between every game launching. I know how this kind of script works because I was testing that some times last year.

he10th3r310 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 14:51 I was for a ''record hunting mode'' years ago, which never appeared in game though.
On the first hand it is a very needed feature, but there is the other hand - it will flatten pretty much offline hill records lists, which is not such an advantage.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Maciejo-96 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 16:22
Siatko wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 00:59 (...) uses CE for this, but as (...) pointed out - it is not necessary. (...) you don't have to use some external program like CE or other scripts.
Without getting addresses from Cheat Engine it is imho impossible to make this script working as player wants. Addresses can change between every game launching. I know how this kind of script works because I was testing that some times last year.
Tom2 wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 13:25 Pretty much in this topic was explained by Patryk, I'll add only few more sentences to that. Yes, it's true that this script uses Cheat Engine in a small piece. But to be honest with you, I didn't even have to use CE into this. It's only a small addition, which makes sure the script stops when the right gate on the right hill is found. I could've implemented the same thing without cheating tools, for instance using OCR (optical character recognition), it would just take a bit more time. And I doubt anyone would be ever complaining about that. It would be equivalent.
OCR would achieve the exact same final effect, it would be just a bit harder to create a script using it. It's the effect that counts, not the method.
Maciejo-96 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 16:22
he10th3r310 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 14:51 I was for a ''record hunting mode'' years ago, which never appeared in game though.
On the first hand it is a very needed feature, but there is the other hand - it will flatten pretty much offline hill records lists, which is not such an advantage.
It is, because the record lists favour either people using programs to find a WR wind and/or people with large amounts of free time on their hands. Also, if a player has an ability to jump a certain length, I'd argue he deserves it without need to waste lots of time waiting for good RNG. The player's Total Length should increase with the time spent training jumping, not windsearching.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Siatko

Post by Siatko »

[/quote]
It is, because the record lists favour either people using programs to find a WR wind and/or people with large amounts of free time on their hands. Also, if a player has an ability to jump a certain length, I'd argue he deserves it without need to waste lots of time waiting for good RNG. The player's Total Length should increase with the time spent training jumping, not windsearching.
[/quote]

That is why I propose to introduce the possibility to set the wind yourself, and not pointlessly like Mr. SoBo pointing the finger at the evil Gorisek just to get something out of this discussion, and not to say that Karciarz bad and shows on live how he uses illegal programs. And as at the moment such an update is moderately possible I propose to leave the situation as it is and let the players use this script. :D :D :D
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Siatko wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 19:58
I propose to leave the situation as it is and let the players use this script. :D :D :D
The best option would be a built-in record hunting mode because not everyone has access to the script nor would want to install/use additional programs.
Lurker since 2001