It's time for repairing Online

General discussion about DSJ4.
SoBo

Re: It's time for repairing Online

Post by SoBo »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I hope, that you are proud from this hill, that is just the start of something cool, as that hills are verified it makes everyone happy.I will not offend you, I would be ashamed show something like this, you proved that you are not suitable for creating a game,i hope that Jussi will not even start the conversation about that something, because it's a shame.Be proud of your work, keep working but one think you will not buy in your life "skills", and I'm talking about the game, and work as a developer.They are laughing at you dozens of people, i think you will be pleased.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
sneze2r

Post by sneze2r »

SoBo wrote: 27 May 2021, 23:37 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I hope, that you are proud from this hill, that is just the start of something cool, as that hills are verified ...
That's why we need to have updated set of 'official' hills and main TL for them as I said in previous post here. No one is forcing anyone to have the best TL in dsj2 hills, dsj3 hills, retro hills or fictional hills. I know that this updated set of official hills will be probably outdated after 2-4 years, but it's still required in my opinion.

In other games there is also a lot of 'game modes', but in proffesional gaming usually one type of game mode is threaten seriousy(eg- counter strike- only some of de_* maps are used on professional competitions).
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

sneze2r wrote: 28 May 2021, 12:55
SoBo wrote: 27 May 2021, 23:37 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I hope, that you are proud from this hill, that is just the start of something cool, as that hills are verified ...
That's why we need to have updated set of 'official' hills and main TL for them as I said in previous post here. No one is forcing anyone to have the best TL in dsj2 hills, dsj3 hills, retro hills or fictional hills. I know that this updated set of official hills will be probably outdated after 2-4 years, but it's still required in my opinion.

In other games there is also a lot of 'game modes', but in proffesional gaming usually one type of game mode is threaten seriousy(eg- counter strike- only some of de_* maps are used on professional competitions).
I completely agree
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Men6ix_

Post by Men6ix_ »

I agree, some changes to hill records could be doable to implement, such as dropping daily records in the Online Game, or exposing API for them. Therefore, some websites (not Mediamond) could show listings, even grouped as snezer has mentioned, as the freedom would be given in such case.
Aleksy

Post by Aleksy »

In February added over 100 custom hills. In my opinion is too much number because it frustrated game balance. Jussi and Gorisek Bros should add smaller number for example 25 to less chaos in online.
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Generally, for me the more hills I can compare with others the better.
But as mentioned above, there needs to be a pool of "competetive" hills for online.
Original+ some fan made real hills.
So maybe we should have a look at that before the next season hits :)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Has everyone missed that we have already a pool of 45 hills selected via a number of polls by a whole community specifically for competitive online play or am I missing something? The only tournament that doesnt use these hills is the Sunday Special.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)