Using landing bug exploit is forbidden

General discussion about DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Using landing bug exploit is forbidden

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Several players have been using the landing bug exploit to gain extra length to their jumps during the last few days. Using such exploits is against the terms of use and may result ban from both the hill records lists and from the online game. I have now cleared many of such results from the hill records lists.

Please keep the game fair. Any possible violations can be reported to info@mediamond.fi.
Dangerous Dave

Re: Using landing bug exploit is forbidden

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I wish you had a bigger team to work on this game so you could rework the physics. Resetting the records would be a small price to pay for a "clean" game without slide bug and gibbon. It's a real shame that one of the exploits has to be reported, manually checked and removed (which would be difficult to do if the game was more popular) and the other actually has to be learned and practiced if you want to be the best.
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Isn't it just easier to add a possibility to report a replay ingame, without having to write another post here or send email about it? It requires only a small button, just like here on forums, and of course some notification system for you then. Of course people can misuse it but so they can do here or anywhere.

Anyway, now as the game is finally being developed by the community, it would be nice if everyone with enough determinity started to slowly plan a remake of DSJ4, whether it's called DSJ5 or not, but a game that is based on DSJ4 but modernized and fixed physics to bring it even closer to real life jumping. I think there are many capable volunteers to help who do not require any kind of financial benefit from it. It doesn't have to be ready for a while, just that there are some ideas floating around.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

he10th3r310 wrote:Isn't it just easier to add a possibility to report a replay ingame, without having to write another post here or send email about it? It requires only a small button, just like here on forums, and of course some notification system for you then. Of course people can misuse it but so they can do here or anywhere.
I was hoping that not so many started playing around with it. If it becomes a wider problem I'll try to come up with some workaround in the physics.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

If it isn't a problem for you , I'm sure many players would love to have a go at tweaking the DSJ4 physics.
If it's not feasible, I was thinking about making the skis less strong, so they bend more or snap instead of supporting a jumper just on their tips.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Skis in real life are pretty elastic too. If you watch some landings you can see how aggressively the skis slap snow. Or in some takeoffs. But the fact is, only skis make such movements, not jumpers. So gibbons etc are fantasy and result from something else.

I vote for updated physics, also archived records list from old version and totally new official hills list, with updated real life hills that are mostly done already.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.