Online servers feedback

General discussion about DSJ4.
Xinitiao

Online servers feedback

Post by Xinitiao »

I want to start this thread by saying that, in my opinion, online servers couldn't have been handled any better :D

As a hillmaker, it's super motivating and rewarding, that all real, retro and fictional hills are treated equally! I love your decision to include Helsinki, Vinicunca and every hill in between in ranked servers :D It's also nice, that every custom hill is on exactly one server, except for WOT hills and ski flying hills, which have their dedicated server for ski flying enthusiasts. Having all custom hills in ranked servers will also surely increase the chances of generating fair and accurate CPU data.
I haven't formed an opinion yet about DSJ2 and 3 servers, there are pros and cons to them being unranked, as they are very different to the rest of the hills.

As a player, it's nice to have hills test your ability on all kinds of fun profiles and hill sizes :D On every server there are hills that will suit each and every player's style so everyone has a chance for a good result :D

Of course every player has hills they don't like for many different reasons, but now, with such huge pools of hills to randomly draw from, which in the future will grow even more, i don't think this is a problem.

Looking forward to playing DSJ4 Online for years to come,

Xinitiao
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Re: Online servers feedback

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Well said, completly agree :)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Great tournament today, lots of fun were had :D
The main thing I saw today was that 35% more players had gotten points than yesterday, which means, even though today's tournament was a bit more random, more players were able to achieve good results, and the best players still were able to finish on top (see Bartek Winczaszek, who won even though he missed 6 of 30 competitions). Also on the 30th competition there were more people than yesterday, so the player dropoff was lower too.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
fordern

Post by fordern »

I'd really love to see some experimental hills, like Smolec HS375 (but I think original Smolec K3 would fit into that category as well), Electric Stodoła HS194, both Nanu Jump Ups or infamous Rysy HS700. Of course that should be held as unranked server, but it would be really fun to compete here.