Unnecessary version v1.7

General discussion about DSJ4.
Frodo

Unnecessary version v1.7

Post by Frodo »

Version 1.7 is completely unnecessary.
Polish fans only profane this game by creating their own hills, unrealistic. They cannot build jumps.

Wogle Poles have created a game about jumping? They have no idea how to make a game like this.

Only the creator of this game creates professional, realistic jumps.
Please block the possibility of creating your own objects.
gtaman

Re: Unnecessary version v1.7

Post by gtaman »

Frodo wrote:Version 1.7 is completely unnecessary.
Polish fans only profane this game by creating their own hills, unrealistic. They cannot build jumps.

Wogle Poles have created a game about jumping? They have no idea how to make a game like this.

Most of the approved hills are good quality. If you dont want custom hills, dont use them.
Tom2

Post by Tom2 »

Frodo wrote:Wogle Poles have created a game about jumping? They have no idea how to make a game like this.
Your topic is unnecessary. First of all, learn how to use translator properly. "Wogle" XDDDD This is even wrong in Polish, it's written "W ogóle".

Agreed with gtaman, there are many good hills which are contrary to these bad ones you've probably seen. Check out the verified ones first. And yeah, there are some Poles already who created a game about ski jumping. Check your facts as well. Open Ski Jumping is one of these.
DSJ3 TL: 7755.36m (#39), peak: 1325 (#490)
DSJ4 TL: 3550.97m (#3), online: 3506.29m (#11), peak: 1942 (#5)

DSJ3 PB: 318.88m (#19)
DSJ4 PB: 242.88m (#2)
iSeb

Post by iSeb »

xdd
Maksuu

Post by Maksuu »

Frodo wrote:Version 1.7 is completely unnecessary.

I would like to stay as kind in words, as I could, but...
Stop spreading unnecessary bs.
Your reasoning is also invalid, because:
1. You're saying that only Polish players build hills - it's untrue. I've seen that quite a lot of players outside of Poland are doing some solid (both in quality, and in gameplay) hills (i.e. Stams HS115, or Vinicunca HS430).
2. You're also saying that we can't create a game about skijumping ourselves (we, as in Polish people). I can also debunk your myth - there is an open source game called Open Ski Jumping, and it's made by @Jonek2208 (on GitHub). Then there's also K-Point Ski Jumping made by Marcin Dzienniak.
3. As for the professional quality of these hills - I'm here to report that even hills made by Jussi could flicker in certain points (one of the hills, that flicker like crazy is Wisła HS134 - and the problem of flickering came to the attention of this community after the 1.7.0 update. Also, when it comes to gameplay - there are some unrealistic hills (Kulm is a clear example, as is Planica, and some other hills by Jussi)

Also - allowing for building new hills actually filled quite a lot of gaps - for example, many players were hoping for Vikersund in game, and now we've got FOUR(!) iterations of Vikersundbakken in-game. So that is also a solid dose of incredibly stupid thinking from your side.

Edit - as also many people mentioned before, I think you should learn proper English
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

As a player I will never understand how players are against mods xD
It just increases the depth of the game :D
And if you don´t like some hills, you don´t have to use it.
Simple :)

And yeah gtaman summed it up perfectly :)