How to edit the shape of skis, suits, etc. ?

General discussion about DSJ4.
Przemek1986

How to edit the shape of skis, suits, etc. ?

Post by Przemek1986 »

Hi there,
Considering the fact that it's now possible to create new hills, is it (or will it be) also possible to edit the shapes of the elements in the game?

For example, it would be nice to be able to adjust the length or width of the skis. The skis in the 90s were pointy (just like in DSJ3). Also the suits in the 90s were way more spacious and not so skin-fit as these days. It would be nice to be able to recreate this.

My absolute dream would be creating the old "before-V" flying style where the skis remain parallel all the time.
Can all those things be achieved?

Ages ago I played a Formula 1 game, Grand Prix 3, and there was a simple utility with which it was possible to edit literally every single element of the car. You could move wheels, make the carshape bigger, smaller, make it look like a Volkswagen or a space shuttle. The sky was the limit. I would like to have something similar in DSJ4. Maybe Jussi could tell us how to access those elements in DSJ4 and the community would, again, do the rest? :)

Has anyone ever thought of that?
Cheers!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to edit the shape of skis, suits, etc. ?

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Changing the dimensions of the ski jumper is not possible. Different physical properties for the ski jumper would require weeks of tweaking of the game physics to keep the game fun / realistic / playable.
Przemek1986

Re: How to edit the shape of skis, suits, etc. ?

Post by Przemek1986 »

Thank you for the answer, Jussi.

Oh ok. I didn't know that the physics are so strictly dependent on the shape of the jumper. I see your point now. At the same time, it proves how advanced your game is :)