New hills added

General discussion about DSJ4.
Krzysztof Stuchlik

New hills added

Post by Krzysztof Stuchlik »

Already we have many new great hills! but probably everybody like me want this hills officialy. I played in dsj more than 20 years ago... Dsj real idea what make this game so wonderfull is posibility to compare with other players is never ending battle for new world records etc... without this the deluxe ski jump spirit is death then I think the most importnat is already this case. Then is my point to Jussi can you just check only this real hills and accepted this officialy then added to game ?
1. Problem with permissions - I dont understound this then maybe you will correct my thinking but what kind of permisson do you need? In game you have just only city name nothing more then i dont think so that you need any permittion for this because who have any rights for citys? Second maybe is some special just for hill not city... but you dont put any date only k point and hs, do you need this from every single hill? Is not possible get this permissions jjust from FIS? Whatever do you need im shure that players can help you like they alredy saw this.
2 added new hills some new problems..
Ok but sombody can say what with my Planica HS215 record... i think could be like total length old and new for change in database and always when some hill will be rebulding you can add like in normal life B.E. Romoeren still have 239 m.record old Letalnica but already is new.

Finally once again
Please dont kill main Dsj idea and spirit, everything could be cover just we should find solution. I'm shure that players who made this new hill will support you with everything.
*****Shahen*****
Never to retreat, never to surrender!
Slovenia HS281 -320,90 m (World Record)

http://www.shahendsj.aaf.pl
Lechoo

Re: New hills added

Post by Lechoo »

Last edited by Lechoo on 16 Nov 2020, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Lechoo wrote:Let's be real:

The newest version of DSJ 4 1.7.0 is ONLY thanks to Polish group called "Gorisek Brothers".

Without them the lazy guy from Finland won't even give a **** to make anything new within the game.

They have made 81 hills in 9 months. He has made 24 hills in 3 years ... No comments :D
are you serious? Jussi has his own private life and he doesn't have to spend it on building new hills, because that's what people want :) Gorisek Brothers apparently had a lot of time that Jussi might not have, and they did it for him, so enjoy what is
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Because there is not a record list for unofficial hills, someone could do a nice job and add one for example here

https://deluxe-ski-jump.fandom.com/wiki ... _Jump_Wiki

There's a lot of work of course but maybe you can just add confirmed WR jumps and replays from each hill.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The newest version of DSJ 4 1.7.0 is ONLY thanks to Polish group called "Gorisek Brothers".

Without them the lazy guy from Finland won't even give a **** to make anything new within the game.

They have made 81 hills in 9 months. He has made 24 hills in 3 years ... No comments :D
Can we make a deal: you won't insult me and I won't insult you?
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:

Can we make a deal: you won't insult me and I won't insult you?
+1,have respect... without Jussi the DSJ would never exist.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Lechoo, doesn't it sound like disrespect for the latest 21 years of Jussi's hard work?
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

As with all fantastic products, there will always be some hater.

Dear Jussi, I hope you know that majority of us have an utmost respect for everything you created and for hundreds and thousands hours of fun your games provide to us.

Back to topic: I believe adding some hills officialy is possible and is being considered and evaluated, but guys please understand that things are not so simple as it sounds. Try to work in software development and you would understand...for one simple thing you will discover many small problems, so you need to find the right way to do it and that may take time.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
teppis

Post by teppis »

Jussi, never mind. We are very grateful to you for your work.
radeksar1995

Post by radeksar1995 »

But in new version I have problem with export results after competition. When I click on export, the game crashes. Did anyone else have such a problem?
Vey

Post by Vey »

radeksar1995 wrote:But in new version I have problem with export results after competition. When I click on export, the game crashes. Did anyone else have such a problem?
Yes, me and other people mentioned it on Bug section.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

radeksar1995 wrote:But in new version I have problem with export results after competition. When I click on export, the game crashes. Did anyone else have such a problem?
I still haven't been able to figure out the root cause of the problem. Most people have not encountered it including me, so it's difficult to resolve the issue.