Something is coming to the end...

General discussion about DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Something is coming to the end...

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Hi all.

Today me, and a lot of great DSJ4 players from Poland, we want to say "goodbye" from this game. We hope that this goodbye won't be for ever. We say goodbye after amazing party, which was "Wielki Benefys 2015" organized by dsj24.pl. But now, I am going to write about my ending.

2.5 years ago as a registered player in DSJ4 was a great year, even if there was some bad moments. I started play DSJ games in 2001, after Adam Małysz went to the top in real ski jumping. Ski jumping was my passion from almost 15 years. Firstly, I wanted to play only for fun, I wasn't good player. I started to pay attention more of my statistics when I bought the key. 3540.30 m in offline and 3503.62 m in online - these great Total Lengths would be still stay on lists, no problem if 1st, 2nd or even 4th. I am much more proud with my achievements from online game than my records online and offline. I did my last jump in online game, in Planica HS215. Video - coming soon. Now, I am not going to play any DSJ for a few months, because in May I have really important Matura exam. After that - holidays to October. I would probably buy key for DSJ3 and try there online game. In October, I am going to start studying on university, so I won't have time for DSJ. I will be still active in DSJ community, but only as a normal user, not as player, I don't know if as active as now or not. But if someone want help, I am still open.

Thanks to:
- unactive ski-stars administration
- dsj24.pl administration (where I was moderator)
- dsj-4.pl administration
- Mediamond forum team (Jussi and all moderators with which I was able to talk)

and mostly

- to all players with who I was competiting in online and offline game.

See you soon!
Maciej Sylwestrzuk - Polish DSJ4 former player, dsj24 former moderator
he10th3r310

Re: Something is coming to the end...

Post by he10th3r310 »

Here is someone who needs to tell something also. I've had an exceptional career in Deluxe Ski Jump in general (top class jumps in all 3 games of the series), but something was always wrong. I couldn't handle it if someone was better than I was. Even for a moment. Actually, I thought about it when I took the first place in DSJ4 rankings in november 2012 and held this place to february 2015. ''What happens if I can't hold this place forever?'' That was my most disturbing thought during these 2,5 years. Then, I lost it... My records were not on the list at that time because I already removed them from lists a year ago, so that it wouldn't make me so sad if someone beats those lengths.

But I guess it didn't help enough, as I really had a burning desire to jump again, and take the place back. Now I feel good again. There is no reason to fight, rage or jump anymore. I am not angry to anyone, the situation is finally balanced. Maciej is the best generally in DSJ4: he has 11 records online and 4 offline, if my records are count: I have 15 records offline. So it's about a draw situation here, but he has the great online career which I didn't have after the very first stable version of DSJ4. But I have the good offline records in all DSJ games so this is enough for me and if the situation is like this in the future too, I feel there's no reason for further comebacks to DSJ4. But I'll always be on guard, just in case something unexpected happens... ;) And I'll probably be jumping in DSJ3 and maybe DSJ2 sometimes. I thought about buying some online time for DSJ3 so I could test it with people who want to start that game again. We'll see this later.

Anyway, we already talked about this and people have seen my replays, so it's probably ok for everyone if my offline records are restored on the list and I would send my new jumps also. If there is something people want to know or talk about, you can send me messages and I will reply as I'll sometimes login here.

Thank you everyone and take care!

-Heikki
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Hocx

Post by Hocx »

Hello Maciej, you are a true legend of DSJ4 and I
truly admire yours achievements in this one of the most difficult pc game ever for me, I am sad that youre quiting this, but I anticipated something like that, It was an honor and a pleasure to play with you and other jumpers from Poland, even know that I hated most of you during the tournaments :) Hope someday see you back in form :)
Klemen owner of (29) of the best peak rating ever :)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Thanks Klemen and greetings :) I hope we will meet soon in DSJ3 online, if you want :)

Maślana, you are really boring. Your comparision: game = reality - is very strange, like your stupid suspections. Don't care for anyone's jumps, that's only a game. ;) I recommend to stop playing it, it will be the best way.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

I had to use gibbons also in the latest jumps to beat new hill records. It was not possible with normal takeoff.

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
maftei.alin

Post by maftei.alin »

What is Gibbons and how to use this ?how to make this skill ?
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Gibbon is a technic used instantly after takeoff. You need to do short and dynamic moves by your mouse. Gibbon is effective only if your timing on takeoff is good and the time between clicking and movement is almost zero. Gibbon takes more power on takeoff, so it increases speed of jumper in all parts of flight. In DSJ4 seems to be quite easy to do in normal speed, but you need to exercise it for a long time to make it perfect. I learnt it in summer 2013. It took me about 2 months to do it well, but later I was still exercising to do it perfect. So, I can tell you that I did about 140000 jumps with gibbon from July 2013 to March 2015. I didn't count about 10000 jumps did in Bad Mitterndorf HS200, because it was only hill where I didn't do gibbon, because of big risk to fail very long jump there.
Marko Zajc

Post by Marko Zajc »

Maciejo-96-maybe you share with us what is the best settings(mouse dpi and maybe screen resolution and so on...) for doing gibbons :cry: ,

thanks
fair play
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Marko Zajc wrote:Maciejo-96-maybe you share with us what is the best settings(mouse dpi and maybe screen resolution and so on...) for doing gibbons :cry: ,

thanks
I see you are determined to conquer DSJ's world :lol:
I do gibbons occasionally and I use 1600 DPI (shiftable mouse) and 0,10 sensivity. I do not recommand doing gibbons in online competitions, because of worse style marks and impossibility that gibbon always get on...
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Marko Zajc

Post by Marko Zajc »

no no Szymon11 this is only one chalenge for me(i also try jump on all wiew(f1,f2,f11 and so on).
hmm for me i thing is 0,10 sensivity wery low-i have the x7 mouse and 0,10 i think i dont have that big table :mrgreen:
fair play
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

You should use settings which are the most comfortable to you. I used 0.25 with 1200dpi in my last year of playing.

PS. @Szymon11 I used gibbons in online. Without it, I wouldn't have that achievements...
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

If you learn gibbon, then you need to think how to use it.

If you are hunting for new records - online or offline - then it doesn't matter what style you have. But if you are in a competition and your main target is to win it, then you need to consider because it WILL give you worse style.

Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

1. Heikki give me your hacks and my TL will be 100.000 you scrub
2. Dont ask which mouse sensivity is good for gibbons or dpi its all about your feeling
3. Bye bye Maciej
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Georg Gasser wrote:1. Heikki give me your hacks and my TL will be 100.000 you scrub
What is this post exactly according to? It is quite callow in my eyes :?:
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Rid

Post by Rid »

TOPKEK
Yeah, the studies will take all of your time. You won't be able to even go to toilet. Books, books, books everywhere everytime.
And this "Carrier-ending-talk"... Man, It's just a game.