The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Basadoni

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Basadoni »

I am playing after years again and i am still loving this game! Its the only fun ski jumping game...i would gave nearly everything for new Hills.
zolk94

Post by zolk94 »

If money is really the only reason there will not be any major updates let's then do a gofundme campaign. There are still a lot players enjoying this game and would donate a few quid. Vikersund f.e. would be a dream to jump and would bring so much hype.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

zolk94 wrote:If money is really the only reason there will not be any major updates let's then do a gofundme campaign. There are still a lot players enjoying this game and would donate a few quid. Vikersund f.e. would be a dream to jump and would bring so much hype.
I suggested the same before and was told there is some law restriction in Finland. Anyway I would definitely donate.

It seems pretty simple to do...like donate 20 euro - get key for full version of new DSJ. There would be some goal amount set and if enough people donate = new version is released, otherwise you get your money back.

Am I just dreaming? :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
zolk94

Post by zolk94 »

MikesCZ wrote:
zolk94 wrote:If money is really the only reason there will not be any major updates let's then do a gofundme campaign. There are still a lot players enjoying this game and would donate a few quid. Vikersund f.e. would be a dream to jump and would bring so much hype.
I suggested the same before and was told there is some law restriction in Finland. Anyway I would definitely donate.

It seems pretty simple to do...like donate 20 euro - get key for full version of new DSJ. There would be some goal amount set and if enough people donate = new version is released, otherwise you get your money back.

Am I just dreaming? :)
I would donate too. And I think there are a lot DSJ-Fans that would do the same. Imagine the hype in this forum if there would be an update were we could jump the hill in Vikersund or just even an updated Planica. This assumes that Jussi has the time and motivation to continue this project when he gets compensated with donates.
zolk94

Post by zolk94 »

Another Idea would be just to buy the game again, so it's kinda donation but not against the finnish laws. All we would have to know is which goal amount and keep records. And the keys we could give to those who can't afford.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

This has my full support. I'm ready to contribute substantial amount of money in one way or another to make that 25th hill happen. It's time to drop the 'free updates' nonsense from the license terms. There have been none for quite some time, anyway. If it takes roughly two weeks to make another hill, I'm certain the community would be capable of raising enough funds to compensate for this time, even for an average Finland salary, to build interesting enough incentive for Jussi. There were 100 people in a tournament yesterday, this game is far from dead.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Martin Kafka wrote:This has my full support. I'm ready to contribute substantial amount of money in one way or another to make that 25th hill happen. It's time to drop the 'free updates' nonsense from the license terms. There have been none for quite some time, anyway. If it takes roughly two weeks to make another hill, I'm certain the community would be capable of raising enough funds to compensate for this time, even for an average Finland salary, to build interesting enough incentive for Jussi. There were 100 people in a tournament yesterday, this game is far from dead.
If you organize a fundraiser, and Jussi will agree on this idea you can expect my financial contribution :wink:
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Kierownik

Post by Kierownik »

I would surely donate too. This is still the best ski jumping game available and with some updates and improvements it would be even better.
lomzyniak92

Post by lomzyniak92 »

I will donate too.
woznyy1337

Post by woznyy1337 »

I'll do everything for new hills lol
Sequu

Post by Sequu »

Jussi Koskela why you doesn't add any hills?
You have a lot of Players, who help you in making new hills. Then will be a the more new players :D
woznyy1337

Post by woznyy1337 »

Sequu wrote:Jussi Koskela why you doesn't add any hills?
You have a lot of Players, who help you in making new hills. Then will be a the more new players :D
Yes, please Jussi... we will donate you on patronite or something... idk
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

I would buy the game again like 10 times for new hills :D
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

I mean, he could sell it as a DLC. Not popular, I know, but it wouldn't be against the Finnish legislation at least. And yes, our laws are pretty strict regarding crowdfunding and such.

Just imagine a realistic DSJ4 World Cup, though, with qualifying rounds and then a live broadcast where everyone jumps separately, each in their turn, and a prize on the line. Now that would be awesome.
roberson

Post by roberson »

I don't understand why people are looking for way to play the game illegally. It's pretty cheap already.