The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Esimde

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Esimde »

Jussi, you could make 2 new hills, for example Oslo Holmenkollen and Insbruck in the form of a paid DLC if you do not pay for it differently.
Translation by google xd
Esimde

Post by Esimde »

another idea is to add a game to the steam platform
Last edited by Esimde on 27 Mar 2018, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
kumy246

Post by kumy246 »

the first idea isn't possible cause he promise that all updates will be free the second idea was told million times before :/
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

I don't know if it would be possible to tag the paid DLC as a new DSJ game, that way he could actually cheat his own rules :p I think he would have to edit it a bit more than just create new hills, because someone could make a compliment otherwise
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Nicolai_lf

Post by Nicolai_lf »

what about making vikersund now? (the old one hs225) they are making a "new" hill in vikersund because people were going too low in the flying curv so they are making the hill with a larger flying curv. so Jussi you could now ask for the "old" vikersund flying hill from last year.
Bartek Drek DSJ

Post by Bartek Drek DSJ »

Ski Jump Challenge (Android) is better than DSJ4. K-Point is in beta, and in beta this is fantastic! DSJ5 are must coming in future.
Rasmus Ekman

Post by Rasmus Ekman »

That game is no way comparable to DSJ4, too simple.

I thinks there is still no better ski jump game than DSJ4.

I really hope that the game would be developed with more hills, but is hard without money.
Maybe some kind of donations would help, but I'm not sure would there be enough payers.

But I would be willing to support for example 5 € if we get 2 hills more.

I also think that price for online subscriptions is too low, but in this situations I think price increase might not help.
DSJ IS THE BEST GAME

Post by DSJ IS THE BEST GAME »

Jussi, if you are able to do it for 25 € and make the keys one-off for use! You will see full progress immediately
Sebass18

Post by Sebass18 »

You can not wait 5 years. because in 3 years The end of the existence of the Earth, is it possible to somehow change the date of the new version for the nearest one. because I do not want to wait so many years. You remember the prophecies with the date of the end of the world for 2021. understand it. and I am asking you to speed up the Blunt job?

Thank you for your attention.

p.s what will the ski jumps be in the next version of the game?
.slander.86

Post by .slander.86 »

I have a question to players who played DSJ4, for example, since 2012. How many of you still play this game? I want to know, because, i don't understand why Jussi don't want to add 1, or maybe 2 hills in a year, for commited to this game people?
(...)
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

.slander.86 wrote:I have a question to players who played DSJ4, for example, since 2012. How many of you still play this game? I want to know, because, i don't understand why Jussi don't want to add 1, or maybe 2 hills in a year, for commited to this game people?
Im still playing and in my opinion it´s still the best ski jump game out there
lucasp17

Post by lucasp17 »

Maybe we should create petition to show how many players want new version of DSJ. Petition could be create here: change.org Games like Fifa, NBA, Football Manager, F1... sports game are created each year. DSJ should be too. And I think, it is time to do this game as something great, something bigger than before. Many options, many game modes, many hills.

Other idea... Crowdfunding. crowdfunding.com Let's collect money for Jussi. Find companies which would help. Their logos could be use as banners on hills.
kamil44

Post by kamil44 »

Add on steam
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

If you want playerbase to grow then buy the game for someone as a gift :) that way you support Jussi with $$$ and might bring new regular players to online servers. I'll start with my brother :)

Steam would bring new people for sure. Or go open source and us fans might create new stuff with success. Look at old games like Transport Tycoon...super old game went open source as OpenTTD and is still popular today with tons of new content.

btw...I haven't played in three years but decided to install DSJ again, looking forward to meet you in online mode soon :) Few jumps in practice mode and I am addicted again. Game is really great and other ski jumping games are a joke compared to this.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Diofan95

Post by Diofan95 »

MikesCZ wrote:If you want playerbase to grow then buy the game for someone as a gift :) that way you support Jussi with $$$ and might bring new regular players to online servers. I'll start with my brother :)

Steam would bring new people for sure. Or go open source and us fans might create new stuff with success. Look at old games like Transport Tycoon...super old game went open source as OpenTTD and is still popular today with tons of new content.

btw...I haven't played in three years but decided to install DSJ again, looking forward to meet you in online mode soon :) Few jumps in practice mode and I am addicted again. Game is really great and other ski jumping games are a joke compared to this.
I agree, bring DSJ 2-4 on Steam as this is the platform where most PC gamers are. Sure, you would loose 20 % of a sold copy of DSJ to Valve due to the 80/20 share, but you might generate many new players
We'll know for the first time:
If we're evil or divine, we're the "Last in Line".