The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin Kafka wrote:(Despite all of the above, I really do think Jussi could still make two or three hills per YEAR regardless of profit if he wanted to.
That's actually quite a lot. It would basically mean that I spent all my holidays on new hills.
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Martin Kafka wrote:(Despite all of the above, I really do think Jussi could still make two or three hills per YEAR regardless of profit if he wanted to.
That's actually quite a lot. It would basically mean that I spent all my holidays on new hills.
Jeah that´s true, even if it´s "just one" people will still look foward to it. Some hills are just missing (Oberstdorf HS 137, Innsbruck HS 130 and maybe Vikasund HS 225 are maybe the most mentioned by the community). I really would love and appreciate if tu made a new hill. At least a few people know that it is a huge task to create a new hill in your free time, but there is still interesst and there is no doubt it´s the best ski jumping game on the market, but in the end it´s up to you and I wouldn´t be mad if u won´t create hills anymore.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

One hill a year would keep everyone happy. I know it's a big task for you Jussi, but the reward would be people keep playing and buying subscriptions and even new players joining.

If people see this game is still the same every year then it will slowly decline in several years.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

No more updates to this game please. A totally new version of DSJ, or something else. Skiing maybe, then it would be possible to add Nordic Combined too. Or what about ice hockey for pc? I really miss it because I don't play on consoles.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

he10th3r310 wrote:No more updates to this game please. A totally new version of DSJ, or something else. Skiing maybe, then it would be possible to add Nordic Combined too. Or what about ice hockey for pc? I really miss it because I don't play on consoles.
Why not, this game must continue with upgrading :)
PEAK: 1842
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

There is one thing i have allways wanted, different flying styles. Offline only obv.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Nejc Kavasaki wrote:
he10th3r310 wrote:No more updates to this game please. A totally new version of DSJ, or something else. Skiing maybe, then it would be possible to add Nordic Combined too. Or what about ice hockey for pc? I really miss it because I don't play on consoles.
Why not, this game must continue with upgrading :)
In my opinion it's impossible. I also prefer new DSJ, but I think we should wait quite big amount of time.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

DSJ this is the best game in the history of ski jumping. It is a pity to waste such potential and produce the next version. Jussi, think about it, please. It's been six years since release DSJ4. I am convinced that the next version, which DSJ5 would hit all-time in games with ski jumping. From equal ten years nobody makes games for ski jumping so you have a clear path Jussi, you have no competition! So please use it! Do not miss the occasion!
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

138 jumpers yesterday...that is more than in opening game of tour de dsj 2014!!!

Is is still not enough paying customers to re-consider further development of the game?

The tournament yesterday was amazing. I didn't even care I couldn't make it through qualification round half of the time. It's much more fun than if there is 50-60 people jumping.

By the way.... who is administrating the facebook page of DSJ, is it Jussi or someone else? this one: https://www.facebook.com/Deluxe-Ski-Jum ... 3/?fref=ts

I think the page should post yesterday's result and say that the game is more than alive now...there is 1500 people on that page....even if 5 more people returns to the game it will be great. This game lacks advertisement...
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Sweet

Post by Sweet »

Three hills per year is a lot yes. But one per year is not bad, and this one hill can be a normal hills like of course Lahti HS 100.
frenzyjumper

Post by frenzyjumper »

Okay, we know that it takes quite a lot of time to make few hills and it's obviously not profitable to continue with dsj, but...

What about making Patronite, Jussi? Make a goal that you think is enough to take a break from work/school/w-e you doing in life - and when we will get that money you will be able to focus on a game? Is it good idea, what you think?

Maybe there is not many people here, on forum. But if you will make something like that, I'm sure that most of us will be able to pay this 5/10/20€ or more to get finally new hills and continue playing such a good game.

Or just maybe talk with guys from FIS? Did you try to do that? Try to convince them that most of teenagers play computer games and this game is so perfect - easy access, not high hardware requirements etc. SO maybe they will put some money in that game aswell, because now there isn't any Ski Jumping computer games and of course it should be.
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Maybe there is not many people here, on forum. But if you will make something like that, I'm sure that most of us will be able to pay this 5/10/20€ or more to get finally new hills and continue playing such a good game.
As it was said repeatedly, Jussi unfortuantely cannot make paid updates because it would be against the promise he gave when every of you bought your own key ("Free updates to DSJ series"). However, it would pay even 20 € in order to see at least two new hills.
Or just maybe talk with guys from FIS? Did you try to do that? Try to convince them that most of teenagers play computer games and this game is so perfect - easy access, not high hardware requirements etc. SO maybe they will put some money in that game aswell, because now there isn't any Ski Jumping computer games and of course it should be.
Question to Jussi, have you tried this or have you been considering doing so? Apart from being quite profitable, it could have give rise to the rebirth of this miraculous game :)
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Szymon11 wrote:
Question to Jussi, have you tried this or have you been considering doing so? Apart from being quite profitable, it could have give rise to the rebirth of this miraculous game :)
Usually the money flows to another direction in that kind of deals. :)
frenzyjumper

Post by frenzyjumper »

YE so maybe talking with FIS is not good idea but maybe other companies that are connected with Ski Jumping such as Fischer, some other companies that are responsible for overalls or smth (idk cause im not really in that topic of ski jumping). I bet they would put some money if you would make a serious offer

And for me, it's such a waste for you, Jussi. This game is such a legend, for many many years. It's such a shame if you would just drop it now, when ski jumping is getting a new power in the world now, there is much higher interest in America, Canada about ski jumping.
I bet it's a nice idea to consider going full time DSJ4 programming again with a help from private companies.
Nikoremix

Post by Nikoremix »

Are you ever goung too release a new hill? if not then why?