The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
Maciejo-96

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by Maciejo-96 »

I have a nice vision of perfect DSJ4. What I expect there? Here you have a list: *Modified physics - I mean: a bit changed position and aerodynamics in flight, like Freund, a bit modified takeoff physics (quite strongly reduced measure of making gibbon; trying to do it bigger makes more chances to fall a jump).
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

Maciejo-96 wrote:I have a nice vision of perfect DSJ4. What I expect there? Here you have a list: *Modified physics - I mean: a bit changed position and aerodynamics in flight, like Freund, a bit modified takeoff physics (quite strongly reduced measure of making gibbon; trying to do it bigger makes more chances to fall a jump).
Sounds good
lucasp170

Post by lucasp170 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:It's not possible to charge for the updates.
Why? It could be good option to pay for new hills.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

lucasp170 wrote:
This is what is promised for those who buy the game: "-Free updates to DSJ4 series"
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
lucasp170 wrote:
This is what is promised: "-Free updates to DSJ4 series"

You must advertise the game more
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

AlexRollercoaster wrote:Jussi did you calculated sometime who it costs to create one Hill at an average size so arround HS130?

including power costs and all that stuff
It doesn't cost anything to create a hill, but I would like to get a reasonable compensation for the work that I am doing. It takes about 2 weeks to create an average hill.
SecretEyeCZ

Re: Changelog DSJ4 v1.5.1 -> DSJ4 v1.5.2

Post by SecretEyeCZ »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
lucasp170 wrote:So, you should upload new version of DSJ 4, then begin work on DSJ 5. Many players could pay for that.
I wish it was that simple :)
I know it´s not simple, but do you sometimes think about someone, who helps you whit dsj? Do you have to do that game forever alone? I think there are good programators, wich can you help. ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Vaaranto wrote: You must advertise the game more
Only non-paid advertising comes in question for a small game like DSJ. Word of mouth has been a strong channel for DSJ but now the most common word of mouth seems to be how to play the full version illegally for free.

It's pretty descriptive if you check what additional keywords Google suggests when you search for 'Deluxe Ski Jump 4'.
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Vaaranto wrote: You must advertise the game more
Only non-paid advertising comes in question for a small game like DSJ. Word of mouth has been a strong channel for DSJ but now the most common word of mouth seems to be how to play the full version illegally for free.

It's pretty descriptive if you check what additional keywords Google suggests when you search for 'Deluxe Ski Jump 4'.
Yeah i see, its sad:( . Im gonna do my best advertising this game hope everyone else too!
davisp

Post by davisp »

Would it be possible to make DSJ4 "modable"? So that the community could create new hills, fantasy hills, whatever and everyone can download it. Like it's possible in the GTA-series. If the community creates the hills then it would be no problem with the "copyright" (permission) for the hills. I've never heard of a GTA modder who got charged for doing an original model. Would that be an option for you if you decide to stop working on DSJ4?
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

davisp wrote:Would it be possible to make DSJ4 "modable"? So that the community could create new hills, fantasy hills, whatever and everyone can download it. Like it's possible in the GTA-series. If the community creates the hills then it would be no problem with the "copyright" (permission) for the hills. I've never heard of a GTA modder who got charged for doing an original model. Would that be an option for you if you decide to stop working on DSJ4?
There's no hill editor available and creating hills requires in-depth knowledge of how everything works (or does not work ;)). So, this is not an easy solution.
lucasp170

Post by lucasp170 »

Jussi, create editor, if you can. :p
davisp

Post by davisp »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
davisp wrote:Would it be possible to make DSJ4 "modable"? So that the community could create new hills, fantasy hills, whatever and everyone can download it. Like it's possible in the GTA-series. If the community creates the hills then it would be no problem with the "copyright" (permission) for the hills. I've never heard of a GTA modder who got charged for doing an original model. Would that be an option for you if you decide to stop working on DSJ4?
There's no hill editor available and creating hills requires in-depth knowledge of how everything works (or does not work ;)). So, this is not an easy solution.
So it's not as easy as for GTA? Where you can use a 3d modeling program and with some tinkering integrate the model in the game? What a pity :(
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Rajmek1233

Post by Rajmek1233 »

Make a official profile on Facebook for advertisement
lucasp170

Post by lucasp170 »

Rajmek1233 wrote:Make a official profile on Facebook for advertisement
And you can use it to announce promotions. For example: 25.03.2014 you can buy online pass for 20% less.