The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
skijumppery

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by skijumppery »

Why would anyone stop developing such a great game that was almost ready?? I was so excited about dsj4, but now i just don't feel like playing it anymore, because it's not getting new hills! That's all i wish for! I wish for that dsj4 could have all the mainstream hills, after that i wouldn't care if you stopped developing the game! I'm so disappointed :(

But however, you should really consider putting DSJ4 on Steam Greenlight, It would definitely get more popular!
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

skijumppery wrote:Why would anyone stop developing such a great game that was almost ready?? I was so excited about dsj4, but now i just don't feel like playing it anymore, because it's not getting new hills! That's all i wish for! I wish for that dsj4 could have all the mainstream hills, after that i wouldn't care if you stopped developing the game! I'm so disappointed :(

But however, you should really consider putting DSJ4 on Steam Greenlight, It would definitely get more popular!

Almost ready? Why would you stop playing the game just because it's not getting any new hills? The old hills are still there. Mr. Koskela never promised that the game would be constantly developed forever when it was released.
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

What?
...Selection in progress...
he10th3r310

Post by he10th3r310 »

Hi all. 24 hills is already pretty much and I know how much time it takes to master them all, so I never was even missing any new hills. For some people of course, ''just playing'' is the main point, but for me beating own records, world records and trying to score a perfect distance was always the point to play this game. For me there are enough hills in this game. DSJ3 had pretty much stuff so mastering it takes even more time.

Point 2: there is no game, that has been developed forever. For all games and programs, even the best and most known ones, the development has ended someday. It doesn't mean people have to stop playing the game.

Another point: Jussi has told here, that he doesn't get enough money for making the game. And now he is working in some other place, where he probably gets what he needs. If I was him, I would definitely do the same ;) Btw it would be interesting to know what has been the best ever turnover for Mediamond tmi (month or year) and the average, if these are public information.
DSJ2 Total Length: 5438,88m
DSJ3 Total Length: 7825,25m
DSJ4 Total Lenght: 3560,25m (offline)

Combined: 16824.38m

I'm a retired player. I won't jump more competitive jumps, but I will anyway support the game future development as I can.
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

... Well... All good for great Jussi!
and The thanks!
Nejc Kavasaki

Post by Nejc Kavasaki »

Hi!

I think that game must be raise on STEAM.. you will see. in 3 months 30 more players.. what do you think..

And Sry for my bad english.. :D
PEAK: 1842
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

I am negative of that... maybe it take of players...
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Jussi ur answer "I don't have plans for updates. (Please put further offtopic questions under correct topic.)"

In response, I move on to the appropriate

Tell us please clearly , about future DSJ4 . Just don't talk to everyone , " I don't have plans " , you should say (if is true) , game DSJ4 is closed , will never be updated , and everyone will have clearly answer, and Topic "Future DSJ4" can be closed......

You are the creator of the game, so say it openly ,"that already will never, change, and this issue closed"

Once you have answered my question either, you should have peace with such questions :P
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

"I don't have plans for updates" (=It's highly unlikely that there will be feature updates).
If there are compatibility issues or something like that I'll try to fix them.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:"I don't have plans for updates" (=It's highly unlikely that there will be feature updates).
If there are compatibility issues or something like that I'll try to fix them.
Your answer : You are not 100% confirm that the game will have some news (updates) :?: .... If I understood :wink:

Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

SoBo wrote: Your answer : You are not 100% confirm that the game will have some news (updates) :?: .... If I understood :wink:
Updates are very improbable (wysoce nieprawdopodobne). Don't expect anything.
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Very improbable? In my opinion, you should finally decide about development. After 16 months after last version it is good moment to make this decision. Just write if you will still develop this game or you will officially end and we (and also you) will have calm.
Last edited by Maciejo-96 on 06 Aug 2015, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Areen wrote:If the source code would be released, I would be able to make some new features, but right now this game is dead at development state.

@SoBo, answer is clear, don't expect anything. You can only receive unexpected update in some time.
Areen you too, bad read on words Jussi :!: :!: :!:

"Updates are very improbable (wysoce nieprawdopodobne). Don't expect anything" :wink:

SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Maciejo-96 wrote:Very improbable? In my opinion, you should finally decide about development. After 16 months after last version it is good moment to make this decision.
Confirm :wink:

KamilStoch

Post by KamilStoch »

There will not be new version, don't wait for this. Also this game lost the interest, because of hackers a long time ago. The another list is conquerd by Hackonen, another by Sobon. Earlier this was Maciej. No body want to play because they cannot break any records :(