New Hill ? [DSJ 4 PLAYER CREATED NEW HILL !]

General discussion about DSJ4.
Rapaptus

New Hill ? [DSJ 4 PLAYER CREATED NEW HILL !]

Post by Rapaptus »

Hi, my friend has created a new hill, and I have a question for you and Jussi. like you and you would like this in DSJ 4?

Please opinion :)

PS: I from Poland and my English is not good :D
Georg Gasser

Re: New Hill ? [DSJ 4 PLAYER CREATED NEW HILL !]

Post by Georg Gasser »

Not bad but it looks a little bit like a Beta 2 Hill
davisp

Post by davisp »

Georg Gasser wrote:Not bad but it looks a little bit like a Beta 2 Hill
I think the same. The textures don't look that pretty. I think Jussi would have to adjust a lot to make it work in the game. The next point is, if Jussi includes this Hill in DSJ your friend could make claims regarding money. Because DSJ is no freeware. To be honest, I see no chance that Jussi would include any other hill or work in his game by anyone. Maybe if it's a close friend to him or even a coworker. But in this situation: I really don't think so
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

davisp wrote:
Georg Gasser wrote:Not bad but it looks a little bit like a Beta 2 Hill
I think the same. The textures don't look that pretty. I think Jussi would have to adjust a lot to make it work in the game. The next point is, if Jussi includes this Hill in DSJ your friend could make claims regarding money. Because DSJ is no freeware. To be honest, I see no chance that Jussi would include any other hill or work in his game by anyone. Maybe if it's a close friend to him or even a coworker. But in this situation: I really don't think so
X2
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

It's not possible to import hills from 3rd party 3D editors.
klausfeldmann

Post by klausfeldmann »

Rapaptus wrote:Hi, my friend has created a new hill, and I have a question for you and Jussi. like you and you would like this in DSJ 4?

Please opinion :)
(Pics)

PS: I from Poland and my English is not good :D
First of all, your English is alright.

It was really created from scratch? If so, he has done really well. He owns my biggest respect. I know how much work it is to design a complete 3d-scene.

As further impovements, he can make it more detailed (e.g. different trees) and use high-definition-textures. Sadly - Jussi already said it - it is impossible to import such stuff to any game, because every game has it's own engines.
Did your friend ever thought about making moddeling to his future profession?