Wind Points

General discussion about DSJ4.
DSJFANPL

Wind Points

Post by DSJFANPL »

Hey, I have a question. In DSJ 4 wil be a wind points?(i' m sorry for my english, but i hope so you understand what i mean :) )
Last edited by DSJFANPL on 29 Jan 2013, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAdo111

Re: Wind Points

Post by SuperAdo111 »

DSJFANPL wrote:Hey, I have a question. In DSJ 4 wil be a wind points(i' m sorry for my english, but i hope so you understand what i mean :) )
I think its finally time for this,especially in online (everyone will ask why,because of wind waiters!!!)
Di Stefano

Post by Di Stefano »

SuperAdo111 wrote:
DSJFANPL wrote:Hey, I have a question. In DSJ 4 wil be a wind points(i' m sorry for my english, but i hope so you understand what i mean :) )
I think its finally time for this,especially in online (everyone will ask why,because of wind waiters!!!)
ye its good idea, maybe that system wich will be calculate average power of wind during the jump, and - or + additional points, its good idea to fight with windwaiting, but i like wait for wind so much :D
pikolak

Post by pikolak »

I think it is impossible to make ;)
SLOsmash

Post by SLOsmash »

This is very good idea!
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

Option at "Wind points are use Y/N" ( ) ?
...Selection in progress...
velonso

Post by velonso »

In general, I like the idea of implementing the wind/gate factor in the game (maybe as an optional feature), but in my opinion the points should be calculated as at real competitions, therefore we need a more detailed wind model, or at least more wind data in the game.

Because at real competitions, the aggregate wind value, which will be the basis of the compensation is calculated form 5, 7, or 10 different wind values (it depends if the competition is held on normal, large or flying hill), while in the game we have only 1, and it is not a "simple" but a weighted average value, and as far as I know these are not the only "problematic" details.

So I don't know if it is possible to make this in the game.
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

As in real life there should not be 100% equal conditions. Keep it simple, I do not care if some windwaiters in theory could gain some advantage, that`s the current rules. It would be better to change the rules and perhaps decrease time to 5 seconds. Eitherway you have to jump well each jump to win 8)
Steelman
The Flying Norwegian
EliteAti

Post by EliteAti »

It would require every jumper to jump individually then, no? Because it doesnt really make sense if there are different conditions for jumpers who jump simultaneously.
MattyPolz14

Post by MattyPolz14 »

I think implementing wind points and gate compensation points is a great idea.