CPU Players

General discussion about DSJ4.
151kbar151

CPU Players

Post by 151kbar151 »

Why CPU players can't jump on new hills? When it be fixed? I know that in new version but when? After Christmas?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can someone explain it to me?!

Post by Jussi Koskela »

151kbar151 wrote:Why CPU players can't jump on new hills? When it be fixed? I know that in new version but when? After Christmas?
The CPU player's results are based on the results from the online game, so I must gather some statistics from real players' jumps before these results can be generated realistically. This takes few weeks.
151kbar151

Re: CPU Players

Post by 151kbar151 »

Really? I tought that it is generated by game.
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@Jussi

How many days do we still have to wait for the possibility to jump against CPU players on new hills?

I know that their results are based on the "online game" and it obviously has to take some time but not all of us are keen online players and we need CPU players to enjoy the game fully.

You may release them now and e.g. after a month release an update according to the newest results of the online competitions. What's your opinion?

Thank you very much for your reply
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Lechoo wrote:How many days do we still have to wait for the possibility to jump against CPU players on new hills?
Maybe one week. I still want to finish something else to v1.3.1, too.
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@Jussi
A week of waiting is almost over :wink: Do you know the exact date when ver. 1.3.1 will be released ?
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Lechoo wrote:@Jussi
A week of waiting is almost over :wink: Do you know the exact date when ver. 1.3.1 will be released ?
If he knew, he would've already announced it.
That's gotta hurt.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Lechoo wrote:@Jussi
Today or tomorrow.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Joonas Rujala

Post by Joonas Rujala »

Are the cpu players for current hills going to be updated in future releases? As in, do you keep track of online results after the first cpu player patch?

I noticed the cpu jumpers are a bit easier on some new hills. Particularly Lillehammer HS100 where I can beat the opposition by 20 points (on other hills I struggle to win). It wasn't a fluke either, that particular hill is very easy to win. Seems that the online community hasn't gotten so used to these new hills yet.

For the record, I've modified cpu skill levels to 1400 and below, to make the competition easier. So I don't know about the top 5%.
greex1

Post by greex1 »

Yes. On Lillehammer HS100 I win by 10-20 points. On the other hills max 5 points.
DSJ4 Beta 2 - WR Total Lenght, WR Bad Mitterndorf HS200 and Zakopane HS94
Online World Cup 2011/2012 - World Cup A - 3rd position
Online World Cup 2012/2013 - Ski Flying A winner
Online 4HT 2013/2014 - World Cup A - 3rd position
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

I confirm the problem in lille. It seems that cpu's are jumping with style points from 15 to 17. Lengths seem ok.
That's gotta hurt.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Joonas Rujala wrote:Particularly Lillehammer HS100 where I can beat the opposition by 20 points (on other hills I struggle to win). It wasn't a fluke either, that particular hill is very easy to win. Seems that the online community hasn't gotten so used to these new hills yet.
Ooops! The CPU players score is calculated in Lillehammer as if the K-point was 100 meters instead of 90 meters. Therefore they always lose 10 m * 2.0 points/m = 20 points. I'll fix this.

Edit: The error was something between 10-20 points depending on the style.
Joonas Rujala

Post by Joonas Rujala »

Good thing you found the problem, though my guess was way off :)

I could swear some new hills are still easier to win than old ones, but this was the only notable one.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Joonas Rujala wrote:Particularly Lillehammer HS100 where I can beat the opposition by 20 points (on other hills I struggle to win). It wasn't a fluke either, that particular hill is very easy to win. Seems that the online community hasn't gotten so used to these new hills yet.
Ooops! The CPU players score is calculated in Lillehammer as if the K-point was 100 meters instead of 90 meters. Therefore they always lose 10 m * 2.0 points/m = 20 points. I'll fix this.

Edit: The error was something between 10-20 points depending on the style.
A bug fix is now available:
http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj4/downloads/dsj4v132.exe