CPU jumpers

General discussion about DSJ4.
pepsiman89

Re: CPU jumpers

Post by pepsiman89 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
pepsiman89 wrote:it also seems that the CPU jumpers fall way too often
The fall rate is based on the stats from the online game (length, skill and wind are taken into account). I want that the players have equal chances to beat the CPU players even if it resulted unrealistic amount of falls.

One problem could be that the online players were pursuing only the maximum length in the qualification round if they know that they will qualify and this raises the percentage of falls. (I am not differentiating the different rounds any way when I analyze the stats from the online game.)
i understand what you are saying, and coming from that, would it be possible to decrease the amount of falls from the CPU jumpers in offline gameplay? it is rather unrealistic when 12 out of 30 CPU jumpers fall. perhaps decrease the ratio of falls to, lets say... 5 out of 100? (i mean that in every 100 jumps by the CPU, 5 (or less) of them would fall)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

It's possible to reduce the number of falls for the CPU player but the competition wouldn't be fair then. Why should the CPU players land for example in Bad Mitterndorf easily at 210+ meters while it's pretty difficult for you?
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:It's possible to reduce the number of falls for the CPU player but the competition wouldn't be fair then. Why should the CPU players land for example in Bad Mitterndorf easily at 210+ meters while it's pretty difficult for you?
pretty often it happens that the CPU falls jumps which are at shorter distances (eg. <185 meters on flying hills). though what you said above is true. the only thing that would satisfy my mind at the moment would be an option to manually choose the rate of falls.