OMG that is getting anoying :S

General discussion about DSJ4.
Hocx

OMG that is getting anoying :S

Post by Hocx »

Yeah i know that ''Bodiguard'' in this forum will probably delete this topic in about 1 hour. Very brave from you really! But hey where is my rights i can tell anything i want and its not fair that someone give himself rights and just delete topics! And now what is anoying....that game was relased 31.12.2011. and Jussi said himself that he will relase a new hill or a two in about a month but now we are 24.2.2012 (57 days !! ) and we got nothing but pics from Wilach . Omg its just not fair to the player who buy the game....we are expecting something to happen to game go on its not prfect and its getting boring in the time. We can get just one info about progres of update or its this illigal for us???? So Jussi what are you doing or did you forgot that you are the man who create the game ?
SuperAdo111

Re: OMG that is getting anoying :S

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Thats true , Jussi started to make this shiit maybe 10th february or something else,i think we will not get that game until free online is expired,for me its new shiit,every game what i bought its get free online for all time. I paid this game 35 and for small country,small town its much for this game so i will not pay this because serbia did not have a paypal.. For 8 euros example i will have to pay 28 or something else..Too much... And for game,Jussi we dont need more graphic or something shiit,noone look at that so much,just make hills and some pshyhic details.You can realase Villach and maybe Vikersund in next 27 days so we can play that 10 days on net . I think thats okay...
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

Hocx wrote:And now what is anoying....that game was relased 31.12.2011. and Jussi said himself that he will relase a new hill or a two in about a month but now we are 24.2.2012 (57 days !! ) and we got nothing but pics from Wilach .
Where did you read about a hill release within a month from new years? I can't recall anything.
Hocx

Post by Hocx »

I don't remember in which topic jussi said he will relase one or two hills per month but i am a 199,99% that he said that and i am sure that didn't only i who saw that.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

I saw that and i made (or not ,not pretty sure) that topic,but i was active in it,also TPo too...I gave him idea for 3 hills he said that he can a one hill per 2-5 days , so he can make 6 hills without a other details,so he said probably 2-4 hills every month...
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

And have you forgot that Jussi is the ONLY man who is creating this game? Take a deep breath and learn some patience.

In comparison from wow:
Patch 4.0 Cataclysm System Patch 12 October 2010
Patch 4.1 Rise of the Zandalari 26 April 2011
That is roughly half a year between anything new in a game that has crapload of people working on it. I admit it is slightly bigger game, but still.

GAME TIME
Source: 6-month Recurring, 65.94 €

World of Warcraft - 10€
World of Warcraft: The burning crusade( - 10€
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the lich king - 20€
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - 20€
These prices are averages and may vary in your country.

All in all I get bored faster to world of warcraft than deluxe ski jump. I have played wow for around 8 years and dsj for almost 12 years. From this basis I state that dsj has REALLY good "entertainment - money spent" - value. And I don't think you should be complaining about it.
That's gotta hurt.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

SuperAdo111 wrote:I saw that and i made (or not ,not pretty sure) that topic,but i was active in it,also TPo too...I gave him idea for 3 hills he said that he can a one hill per 2-5 days , so he can make 6 hills without a other details,so he said probably 2-4 hills every month...
And that was a hypothetical estimate if all he did was new hills. And there are loads of other things that people want to the game. He never "promised" to make hills by any interval.
That's gotta hurt.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Di Stefano wrote:So, why you working 8 months to make 8 hills ?? If really is takes about 5 days, in DSJ 4 1.0.1 should be about 30 Hills.
Because: http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3529
:wink:
That's gotta hurt.
helGn

Post by helGn »

I remember that topic aswell, and to me it looked as good as a promise without being an acual promise, but why should he want to screw the paying customers? also you're comparison to wow....how many hours have you played wow? how many hours have you played dsj in thouse 8 and 12 years? also if dsj had as much content when it got released as cata had, well then it would be ok to wait, but it only had 8 hills and no cpu. Thats like having 4 5 man instances and no raids... I for myself have checked this forum every day to see if that first update FINNALY have arrived. I felt the release was so lacking, but thought it was ok since Jussi said it would only take him 2-5 days to make a new hill and as good as promised us an update in late january/early feb.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Hocx wrote:Jussi said himself that he will relase a new hill or a two in about a month
That's not true.

It takes about 5 days to create one hill if there is *nothing* else to do. During the winter season there certainly is. Running a games company is not only about developing the game.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

And remember that "official" promise for your money is this:

Deluxe Ski Jump 4
Buy the full version of Deluxe Ski Jump 4 and you will get all this:
-8 real ski jumping hills (+more coming soon!)
-World cup and team cup competition modes
-Support for unlimited number of competitors
-Free subscription to DSJ4 Online for 3 months
-Personal entry to web hill records lists
-Full access to replay database
-Free updates to DSJ4 series

Yes, those words like "soon" can be understood differently by different people, but I don't feel betrayed. I feel like we are up to a great game.
That's gotta hurt.
Risen

Post by Risen »

I don't understand the mess. How immature is it to not understand the simple business rule?

When you purchase a product, you agree to pay certain amount of your money on what is offered at the moment. You don't buy the developer or the company to expect regular updates and their dedication to your gaming taste.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
OlliT

Post by OlliT »

What's more, DSJ is actually a very cheap game. With all this work with the graphics and physics and stuff, it's only 15 euros plus the online subscriptions. So I really don't see the point of the bragging. Also, Jussi is developing the game completely alone, am I right? That's a f*ckload of work. Can you give a number of people who have bought the game? Probably a huge amount, and that's without any kind of advertising whatsoever (at least I haven't seen any DSJ commercials).
And, Jussi: you might wanna check YouTube for some leaked keys, there are lots of them.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Ye in Serbia paying a 35 euros first for game then for online subscription is not cheap , 70 euros bro...
OlliT

Post by OlliT »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Ye in Serbia paying a 35 euros first for game then for online subscription is not cheap , 70 euros bro...
And which game are you talking about?