Deluxe Ski Hack 4

General discussion about DSJ4.
TPo

Re: Deluxe Ski Hack 4

Post by TPo »

Metsi wrote: It sounds to me like "Why would they buy online if they're not great players from europe". That's not how the idea of online gaming works i think ;)
98,4% of the players are European.
Metsi wrote:You misundetrsood me.
Not everyone has to jump in tournaments, some players (mostly the weaker ones) only join online mode for some fun, chatting and stuff.
And they still have those things. Besides, there's the B tournament for weaker players. Restricting online records to tournaments would simply prevent the online from turning into a record hunt.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

As on offline record hunter i don't see what's bad in hunting records in online mode.
Some people play for a high rating, some for long records.
The possibility of a WR wind in a tournament is quite low so the records would be quite hard to beat.
A minimum ammount of 5 players needed to approve a WR would prevent the lonely huntings, it that's what you're affraid of.
The way i see it, it's better to focus on jumps when less players are online, not crowded like during WOT or others.

So - YES to setting some conditions for WR jumping, NO to limiting it to tournaments only.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Metsi wrote: So - YES to setting some conditions for WR jumping, NO to limiting it to tournaments only.
I said that but i think when its 5 players and record can't broke when its less than 10 jumpers and someone jumps a good record he will be angry so i think 5 its the best number of this,idk why Jussi did not made a Online Records yet,he will not lose anything >.<
Gutek70

Post by Gutek70 »

As for me, Jussi should do separate records online and offline! Incomparably more difficult to break the record in the game online than offline! Sorry for my English but I'm at school I learned more Russian:)
Gram tylko online - I only play online!!!
TPo

Post by TPo »

Metsi wrote:As on offline record hunter i don't see what's bad in hunting records in online mode.
The possibility of a WR wind in a tournament is quite low so the records would be quite hard to beat.
A minimum ammount of 5 players needed to approve a WR would prevent the lonely huntings, it that's what you're affraid of.
The way i see it, it's better to focus on jumps when less players are online, not crowded like during WOT or others.

So - YES to setting some conditions for WR jumping, NO to limiting it to tournaments only.
Then what's the point of having online records? We already have offline for record hunting, and it's possible to cheat in online anyway... So I don't see anything changing in a system like that.
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

SuperAdo111 wrote:
Metsi wrote: So - YES to setting some conditions for WR jumping, NO to limiting it to tournaments only.
I said that but i think when its 5 players and record can't broke when its less than 10 jumpers and someone jumps a good record he will be angry so i think 5 its the best number of this,idk why Jussi did not made a Online Records yet,he will not lose anything >.<
Let's make this an official idea and post it in the right topic.

"A world record in online mode can be set only when at least 5 players are playing at the same time in the same room" :)
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

TPo wrote:
Metsi wrote:As on offline record hunter i don't see what's bad in hunting records in online mode.

Then what's the point of having online records? We already have offline for record hunting, and it's possible to cheat in online anyway... So I don't see anything changing in a system like that.
Of course this is the idea conditioned by separate online and offline record list ;)
TPo

Post by TPo »

Metsi wrote:
TPo wrote:

Of course this is the idea conditioned by separate online and offline record list ;)
And what exactly would the online records measure? If it would go the way you proposed, it would just be two record hunt/grind lists, with the only difference being that in offline, the player can choose the wind to jump in (with 200+ players ofc). If records could only be made in tournaments, things like consistency and pressure would also be factors on the list, making it at least a bit different from the offline one.
--
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

TPo wrote: And what exactly would the online records measure? If it would go the way you proposed, it would just be two record hunt/grind lists, with the only difference being that in offline, the player can choose the wind to jump in (with 200+ players ofc). If records could only be made in tournaments, things like consistency and pressure would also be factors on the list, making it at least a bit different from the offline one.
That's why i mentioned this would only make sense if we had 2 separate lists of records for ON and Offline.
Everyone is aware of the fact that these are 2 different ways to jump (as you mentioned: consistency and pressure difference, and some more factors) so it's really weird that we don't have them separated yet.
As i suppose Jussi is working on that (i hope) so we can end all the discussions.
TPo

Post by TPo »

Metsi wrote:
TPo wrote: And what exactly would the online records measure? If it would go the way you proposed, it would just be two record hunt/grind lists, with the only difference being that in offline, the player can choose the wind to jump in (with 200+ players ofc). If records could only be made in tournaments, things like consistency and pressure would also be factors on the list, making it at least a bit different from the offline one.
That's why i mentioned this would only make sense if we had 2 separate lists of records for ON and Offline.
Everyone is aware of the fact that these are 2 different ways to jump (as you mentioned: consistency and pressure difference, and some more factors) so it's really weird that we don't have them separated yet.
As i suppose Jussi is working on that (i hope) so we can end all the discussions.
Now I think you misunderstood me. I also think there should be two different lists, but the online list should only contain tournament jumps, because there's not much pressure when jumping agaisnt 10 random jumpers :wink: This way, offline would be the "hunt list", while online would be the "online skill list".
Last edited by TPo on 27 Jan 2012, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
--
Christian Hermann 2

Post by Christian Hermann 2 »

Yeah there should just be a seperation. I didnt mention that offline records should be removed.

In offline Game: LR, PB, WR( like now )
In online Game: POR, PB, WOR
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Ok, Timo, i think you convinced me ;)
I just wanted to start a discussion, counting on some others to join.
As i mentioned before i'm focusing on offline anyway so online is just an extra-topic to discuss for me ;)

But please, everyone, keep in mind that some people just prefer offline jumping, and they don't really need to proove anything in online mode ;)
I hope me or any other player won't be called a cheater just because of unimpressive online achievements ;)
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

You can compare offline records to irl as individual training and online tournaments to irl competitions. This is how I see it. I am fully supporting the idea of online records. I can only imagine the epic feeling when you happen to jump the perfect jump to the perfect conditions while 150 jumpers can experience that jump with you.
That's gotta hurt.
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Zmaster wrote:You can compare offline records to irl as individual training and online tournaments to irl competitions. This is how I see it. I am fully supporting the idea of online records. I can only imagine the epic feeling when you happen to jump the perfect jump to the perfect conditions while 150 jumpers can experience that jump with you.
Thats true !
MadJump

Post by MadJump »

All records should be wiped and not be up and running again until Jussi makes it impossible to cheat, or else the online part will be in no interest.