TOURNAMENT B FOR POOR JUMPERS? I DON'T THINK SO

General discussion about DSJ4.
skorpios

TOURNAMENT B FOR POOR JUMPERS? I DON'T THINK SO

Post by skorpios »

Hi, i thought that tournament B is for jumpers who have no chance for good place in A tournament. But no, there is several jumpers with rating over 1300 sometimes with over 1500, for example:

Zbigniew Smolarek, POL

Online Rating: 1168
Peak Online Rating: 1533

he had yesterday evening rating over 1500, now he is in tournament B with rating under 1100 :shock:

TO JUSSI: it was bad idea with B category :( Peak Online Rating should be main criteria, maybe for jumpers with online peak under 1200 or 1100, but NO current rating, because is too foxy people here.
Last edited by skorpios on 18 Jan 2012, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAdo111

Re: TOURNAMENT B FOR POOR JUMPERS? I DON'T THINK SO

Post by SuperAdo111 »

skorpios wrote: but NO current peak
You failed a bit :)
skorpios

Post by skorpios »

SuperAdo111 wrote:
skorpios wrote: but NO current peak
You failed a bit :)
corrected :)
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

skorpios wrote:Hi, i thought that tournament B is for jumpers who have no chance for good place in A tournament. But no, there is several jumpers with rating over 1300 sometimes with over 1500, for example:

Zbigniew Smolarek, POL

Online Rating: 1168
Peak Online Rating: 1533

he had yesterday evening rating over 1500, now he is in tournament B with rating under 1100 :shock:

TO JUSSI: it was bad idea with B category :( Peak Online Rating should be main criteria, maybe for jumpers with online peak under 1200 or 1100, but NO current rating, because is too foxy people here.
Yes, peak rating should apply. I have seen players with peak 1400-1500 deliberately loose and go down to around 700 for "fun", and then go up again. Probably nice for those who jump online when they give their points away. Not quite as fun for those who meet them when they go up again. Particularly if this happens in the WOT.
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I find it quite dodgy as well.

So called Tournament B was created for a reason. It's not for those top jumpers who feel insecure about comepting with others who are on pair with them. So they can jump in a lower tier without fear of loosing their raiting. It's not fair !

I agree with that the main criteria should be the peak rating.