DSJ 4 1.0.1

General discussion about DSJ4.
Jokkebaglo98

Re: Jussi, my (our) hero!

Post by Jokkebaglo98 »

This s the best skijumping game of all time ! Fantastic job Jussi :)
Thanatos

Re: Jussi, my (our) hero!

Post by Thanatos »

It's just... awesome. The hills... OMG. I'm lovin' it.
mario123m

Re: DSJ 4 1.0.1

Post by mario123m »

I'm disappointed not to see CPU players and I genuinely believe they will be implemented in the next version because DSJ without them is just not complete for me.
TheBervi

Post by TheBervi »

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Bjørn Andre Monsen wrote:but vvhat are you thinking of this one? flightsettings

What I mean by being able to change the flying style is that you can veldge between normal V so that the beta 1, or slightly wider V as in Beta two, and a possible (Janda style) is also perhaps the style was Dsj3? by selecting it in the settings, also you get an animated figure in the settings that show how the style you have chosen

Style in DSJ3 was unrealistic for very flat. And Janda, is only one jumper. Better to make style Koch/Kranjec. But I would not change anything, because the current style is like the majority of jumpers - look at pictures of real jumpers.
Severin

Post by Severin »

I really don't support the idea to match the DSJ flying style to any of the real world jumpers.

The one idea I would really support would be a special section in your player's menu to adjust your own flying style by changing the different angles to your own taste. However this should never affect the physics, and is probably impossible right now as the jumpers angles directly affect the physics.
The only idea I can come up with right now would be to just edit the rendered jumper's angles, and still have the jumper as it is right now like an invisible background. In theory that would mean for me that every jumper in the world would have the possibility to have an unique flying style without affecting the physics. However, if this is ever to realize in the future is up to Jussi ;)
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Severin wrote:I really don't support the idea to match the DSJ flying style to any of the real world jumpers.

The one idea I would really support would be a special section in your player's menu to adjust your own flying style by changing the different angles to your own taste. However this should never affect the physics, and is probably impossible right now as the jumpers angles directly affect the physics.
The only idea I can come up with right now would be to just edit the rendered jumper's angles, and still have the jumper as it is right now like an invisible background. In theory that would mean for me that every jumper in the world would have the possibility to have an unique flying style without affecting the physics. However, if this is ever to realize in the future is up to Jussi ;)
You mean changeable flying style but only visual?
Severin

Post by Severin »

yep!
pepsiman89

Post by pepsiman89 »

mother of god, Severin! thats genius! why didnt i think of that..
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Martin Kafka wrote:Do you still have a copy of that discontinued changelog? I'd love to see it even if it's not 100% complete... Thanks!
Jussi Koskela wrote:It's in Finnish, so I'll have to put it through Google translate first. ;)
Can we expect the changelog to appear anytime soon?
Vajto

Post by Vajto »

The game is all right, worth its coin, however:

- Planica feels somehow wrong, jumpers fly too high in the air I think
- Too much detail on ramp (stairs, too much spruce branches, etc), makes it hard to see where the perfect jumping point is
- No computer players

Please don't deviate the game from simple easy to learn hard to master awesomeness it was over the years.
HexTheRex

Post by HexTheRex »

Changeable flying style that doesn't affect on jumping otherwise... That was my idea too : ) Very nice, I hope this would be possible in the future versions of the game...
- Heikki Haikonen
- Age 19
- Never used cheating

DSJ2:
- Total Length: 5260,23

DSJ3:
- Total Length 7795,67 (Finnish Record, World 4th)
- 15 Finnish records
- F3 view

DSJ4:
- Total Length 1271,97
- Online rating 1756 (WR!!!)

DSJ SuperTotal: 14326,69m
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Severin wrote:I really don't support the idea to match the DSJ flying style to any of the real world jumpers.

Oh it's the best idea i ever seen on this forum x'D
It's late to asnwer but... :D
Mario Kickmayer 2

Post by Mario Kickmayer 2 »

Dydux666 wrote:

You mean changeable flying style but only visual?
And whatfore?
You want to change the style, that the jumpers head is between his skies and the flying curve should be the same?
Whats about the landing? You came from the same high, but your way up to a good landing position will be much longer (like in Bad Mitterndorf, where you have to land very early to stand the jump).
And in the case of pulling the srew into other direction, the jumper stand nearly upright and can stay in front until the ground came too near, press mouse button and stands also long jumps very easy.
If this not so, the landing position and starting postion of the jumper will look very different to now.

In German:
Wenn du die Position in der Luft veränderst, dass du weiter zwischen den Skiern liegst, ist der Weg zur guten Landung weiter, weil du ja erst in eine möglichst aufrechte Position kommen musst um halbwegs sicher stehn zu können. Wenn du jedoch eine aufrechtere Flugvariante wählst kannst du bis zum Ende vorne bleiben und dann locker landen. (natürlich unter der Berücksichtigung, dass die Physic gleich bleibt wie jetzt). Wenn man da keine 100.000 Stunden investieren will um alles anzupassen würde bereits die Anfahrtsposition und die Landeposition erheblich anders ausschaun wie bisher.
MarkoW40

Post by MarkoW40 »

Here come Marko ;-)