Beta 2 impressions.

General discussion about DSJ4.
magnevox

Post by magnevox »

Very very positive impression, but I have a small question, what for is as high gate, eg in Bat Mitterndroft 35, for fun or something else, when is possibly gate >20 in competition?
piter_ski

Re: Beta 2 impressions.

Post by piter_ski »

The new sound effects are awesome :D
Registered Player
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

Jussi I read that not all sounds are added. So we can expect more new sounds :) ?? What would they be ?
Lukinho23

Post by Lukinho23 »

piter_ski wrote:The new sound effects are awesome :D
Yes :D This sounds make this game "new" :D
Risen

Post by Risen »

I am amused with backflips, but there are frontflips missing. Comparing to beta-1, where they were available, it's indeed a lost. I feel great with new physics, but there is a thing I would like to suggest in a proper thread.
Nie popieram małyszomanii, a tym bardziej żadnej stochomanii.
Albo kibicujesz wszystkim skoczkom, albo rodakom, albo ssiesz ;)
"Czułeś się kiedyś jak Hula?" -Woody Allen
kitrak

Post by kitrak »

Jussi, I've got a question. Today I decided to change the PC I'm playing on because the previous one needs to be repaired (something's wrong with the display). I've removed the key from the previous copy on the game and registered the present one. Now I want to register my profile to play online using this PC, but I'm already registered on the previous one. Will there be any problems if I register a new profile with the same name? Is it legal?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

kitrak wrote:Jussi, I've got a question. Today I decided to change the PC I'm playing on because the previous one needs to be repaired (something's wrong with the display). I've removed the key from the previous copy on the game and registered the present one. Now I want to register my profile to play online using this PC, but I'm already registered on the previous one. Will there be any problems if I register a new profile with the same name? Is it legal?
No problem with that.
Solan

Post by Solan »

I would like the gate number to show in the replays.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Solan wrote:I would like the gate number to show in the replays.
This is planned to be included in next release
That's gotta hurt.
Yannici

Post by Yannici »

Own dedicated servers would be nice or not?
With own settings :D (wouldn't be save as a record when the settings are not default).

so far
Yannici
Telstar

Post by Telstar »

The graphics, animations, sounds etc seem brilliant, but there is one glitch for me still: The actual jumping seems very hard. Compared to DSJ 3, it's very tough to learn. The jumper seems to fall quite easily on his back or head first and fixing mouse movements are quite hard to do because it tends to be too much most of the time. I tried changing the DPI's, but the same thing happens. I've managed to get only couple decent jumps, even though I can jump quite good in DSJ 3. I believe you could take a closer look to the mouse sensitivity settings in DSJ 4, the mouse sensitivity is perfect in DSJ 3. Otherwise it would be an outstanding game.
Mario Kickmayer

Post by Mario Kickmayer »

i dont agree with you:

the mouse sensitivity in DSJ4 is perfect (but u need 1 or 2 weeks to learn it)
in dsj3 it wasn´t optimal, because you just had to watch the wind, klick and pull the mouse down until you nearly touch the ground

in DSJ4 you have to concentrate more to have the perfect position in the air and also to hold it.

Every good game has to get more and more harder to play, otherwise it wont be interessting after a few weeks, months etc. and i think Jussi did well to edit the reactions of the jumper on small movements (so the game is more interesting and also more reamistic)