The update abolished prequalification privilege for TOP10 players from general classification.Updated world cup qualification rules
The prequalifiaction in online obviously meant, regardless of your jump in qualification, you already had a guaranteed 1st round appearance - which made the best rated players (usually 1700-1900 rating) largely benefit from that, especially during this year's Tour De DSJ 2021, where a record peak of 1998 was set by Paweł Wąchała, just behind him 1995 by Bartek Winczaszek, and also 6 more players (including myself) achieved 1900+ peak ratings this year.
No prequalification (PQ) in real ski jumping already exists since Summer Grand Prix 2017. Let's summarize it and write down all the advantages and/or disadvantages of that system inside the game. If I missed something, tell me down below - I'll add all the other reasons for/against that change.
- it's more realistic, since the same rules exist in real ski jumping for over 3 years
- it gives more chances to players outside TOP10, since there are 40/50 places (respectively: Ski Flying/other hills) to qualify, instead of 30/40
- much less probability of TOP10 players, who messed up their jumps, meeting best players in qualification, when in KO mode
- it existed in real life to mitigate effects of unequal winds and no wind/gate compensations, in DSJ online the wind is equal so there is no need for PQ
- players aren't confused anymore why they are i.e. 48th and not qualified, unlike what they have seen on TV
- on dsj24.pl discord in a poll 66 players liked it, 20 didn't
- no reward for being inside TOP10 anymore: achieving peak ratings for top players might be tougher, since now you have to concentrate on all 3 jumps in competition
So, just out of curiosity, I've decided to create a poll. The question is: How do you rate no prequalifying system in online mode? I would love to see an open discussion on that subject. Go ahead and tell me what you think