Deluxe Ski Jump 3 v1.7.0 released!

Official announcements about new features etc.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deluxe Ski Jump 3 v1.7.0 released!

Post by Jussi Koskela »

MarkoW38

Re: Deluxe Ski Jump 3 v1.7.0 released!

Post by MarkoW38 »

Hi Jussi !

Thats are absolutly nice :-)
Jussi Koskela wrote:Download your copy at: http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/downloads/
Severin

Post by Severin »

hehe, I'm not too often here, but I don't start in the team competition today, so I'ma give it a try ;)
Chrysler_Viper

Post by Chrysler_Viper »

hey severin,

was ist los mit dir? wieso bist nicht im team? wie siehts aus mit deiner form?
springst dann überhaupt noch weltcup, oder continental?

lg,
Dawid
competed at 6 tournaments looong time ago:
1x 12th
1x 9th
1x 8th
1x 7th
2x 1st :D

since November 2008 1 Tournament:
1x 4th
heathcliffe dyba

Post by heathcliffe dyba »

Let the mayhem begin!
:)
Your friendly neighbourhood skijumper,

<Heathcliffe Dyba>

Pflegar and Jaluvka's records are fiction

www.youtube.com/DSJtube
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

World League: Iceland HS275 (TOP-1000)
1. Josef Jaluvka CZE 2008-11-28 310.63m 100

These jerks are back again..
obbien

Post by obbien »

Already? :roll: :roll: ******* guy(s)
- OH.
heathcliffe dyba

Wow this is really disgusting day one of this new wonderful game being released and one of the two cheaters returns. Can you not at least show you bit of consideration to us non-cheaters who can actually do a reasonably good jump without cheating cant you let us at least have a bit of glory for the first day instead of bulldozing your way in with your ridicilous world records. I know a lot of people are fed up with the cheating that these two guys do and they give an amazing game like this a bit of a frustrating side. I for one want to have fun and enjoy the new game not sit looking at absurd world records made by absurd cheaters. Anyway a forum is not the place to get angry and argue but there is knowhere else to do so. I really really hope that they do not do this again to us jumpers who actually practice to get better not download the latest version of slowmo on windows 98 its crazy.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

<Heathcliffe Dyba>

www.youtube.com/DSJtube
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

Amen, brother.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Please give us online records list, AND: an opportunity to choose online wr to be shown in-game instead of the old wr. Both as in game text and as wr blue-line. I feel this would ease the pain...

EDIT: Come to think of it, why not separate on- and offline modes completely, so that when playing online the personal, local and world online rec's are shown only, and when playing offline, the offline rec's are shown? (I'm still thinking about both the text and the hill rec-lines). What do you say?

EDIT 30.11.2008: I have rewritten my suggestion here: http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695 and added a poll, so if anyone has comments, please make them there.
Last edited by Grufugl on 30 Nov 2008, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Grufugl wrote:EDIT: Come to think of it, why not separate on- and offline modes completely, so that when playing online the personal, local and world online rec's are shown only, and when playing offline, the offline rec's are shown? (I'm still thinking about both the text and the hill rec-lines). What do you say?
This could be a nice addition, but it doesn't prevent cheating. Network lag is sometimes present, so the server can't recognize the use of slowdown programs reliably. And neither can the other players (if any are present in the same cup) for the same reason.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Jussi Koskela wrote:This could be a nice addition, but it doesn't prevent cheating. Network lag is sometimes present, so the server can't recognize the use of slowdown programs reliably. And neither can the other players (if any are present in the same cup) for the same reason.
I know. But at least the most dramatic offline cheated rec's, which, as I understand, take many minutes to acomplish, will be separated from the online mode.
And anyway: Even if the hills etc are the same, the two modes really ARE separate games, because the conditions under which one compete are all together different: In online game one cannot do like 50 jumps in a row in one hill at a time. One cannot search for good wind conditions. And there is the psycological factor of competeing live. Online is an alltogether different game and deserves different lists IMO.
Severin

Post by Severin »

I think the best ( and propably easiest) way to give the players what they want would be an option to disable the world record line and to implement an option where the player can set the own line for every hill...

So for example players can write for Japan:
Adam Piotrowski 279.60m

as this is none of Javluvkas and Pflegers jumps...

This option exists in Ski Jump International 3 ( without names) and it's quite easy to handle... I don't know how much effort it would take for you, but I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to implement that feature...

just my few cents ;)
Vid

Post by Vid »

That's a nice idea Severin! 8)

This and online record list should ease the minds of many DSJ players I think...
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
heathcliffe dyba

A shame that it has gotten to the point where people actually look at the world records like they are a joke it just shouldnt be like that you should be able to look at them with more fascination but for certian reasons that is not the case nor will it ever be. Are we forgetting what genuine online ski jumping and fun is? Why should we have an option to turn the world records off people should be able to look at that and say wow this person has a great wr here and I jumped against him/her on the weekend thats so cool or something along them lines. If there are no world records to look at then what would be the point in trying to improve your pb on a certian hill for 2 hours on Thursday night just as an example. It is obvious that a lot of people care about records whether that be pb or world record because this is a game right and last time I checked games are supposed to be fun and competetive.

Moving off subject to Jussi thankyou for the amazing new hills Jussi they are really cool I am starting to take a liking to Serbia even thought at first I found it diffiult I have won a lot on this hill online and usually finish high up on this hill. Looking forward to the next addition.

<Heathcliffe Dyba>

www.youtube.com/DSJtube