ANY NEWS ABOUT THE NEW DSJ VERSION???

General discussion about DSJ3.
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
nexen84 wrote:I have a question for Jussi, those (especially weather) effects, will they be able to make any influence on jumping, or are they just for graphic improvement?
That is still to be decided. How you would you like it?
Well, rain doesn't make too much difference, but, as some other people said, snowing really could slow the jumper down on the runway. So maybe You could consider adding it, but only for offline gaming, I think when it comes to online, conditions must be as equal as possible for everyone, so any extra "slowdowns" are not welcome, I guess ;)
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

I think it'd be great to have some lotteries also in online, equal conditions on every hill aren't the most realistic and best solution I think :)
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Well, that's right, but I have seen many people complaining about JUST different wind (now put together snow etc), It is only a game, people pay money to play it, and I'm sure they don't want to lose everytime just because from +1.5 changed to -2.2, and there is much more snow at the moment. :D Especially since there is no posibility to wait it over like in real life.

[EDIT]
And I'm not talking of course like "same wind for everyone", just if it is "+" and no snow, let it stay "+" and no snow ;P
Severin

Post by Severin »

My opinion:

offline: No influence from weather conditions and a seperated hill record list
online: influence, but as I said, records in a special list...
skorpios

Post by skorpios »

Hej, Severin, congrats for win qualifi and 12th place in Sapporo :)
skorpios

Re: Latest DSJ4 information

Post by skorpios »

Martin Kafka wrote:Release date: "when it's done"

System requirements:
AMD Phenom II X4 / Intel Extreme Core i7-975
8GB RAM (12GB, DDR III recommended)
GeForce GTX 295 / ATi Radeon HD4870 X2 (SLI/Crossfire recommended)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (98, XP and Vista not supported)
Widescreen LCD display (24" and above recommended)
Asus Xonar Essence ST sound card (optional)
2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 speakers (optional)
laser mouse with 3+ buttons
DirectX 10 or later
Internet connection (10Mbps minimum, 20Mbps recommended)

Estimated price of full version: 150 EUR
Online subscription: 1 year 300 EUR / 3 months 150 EUR
Updates: each minor update 5 EUR, each major update 10 EUR

Mediamond also recently stated that the game would be too big for download, and thus delivered exclusively on two dual-layered Blu-ray discs. So you gotta have a BD drive as well. The complete installation will take approximately 70GB of space. Bonus materials will include special 45-minute "Making of DSJ4" documentary, shot entirely in HD, and tons of other materials.

I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Very good joke, Martin :) grats and don't worry people, who don't have humor. I commiserate that... people.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

nexen84 wrote:I have a question for Jussi, those (especially weather) effects, will they be able to make any influence on jumping, or are they just for graphic improvement?
Jussi Koskela wrote:That is still to be decided. How you would you like it?
OF COURSE the weather should have an influence on the jumps! I vote for REALISTIC conditions both online and offline (why the hell even make a difference?). If DSJ4 is intended to be more realistic, as Jussi claims, then there's nothing to discuss. We don't need another DSJ3, only with improved graphics. If you want to make a change, make it complete. Surprise us .-) This actually might be the first time ever that a ski jumping game takes weather into consideration (not just wind) and you (we) shouldn't miss this opportunity. My vision is, that in offline mode there could be an option to choose particular conditions (e.g. in practice or custom cups) and in online it would be random (as it is now with wind). I hope the majority of players agrees with me because it seems perfectly logical to me: Train in whatever you want, it's up to you, build your skills in various conditions, and compete in whatever comes to you.
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

Martin Kafka wrote:OF COURSE the weather should have an influence on the jumps! I vote for REALISTIC conditions both online and offline (why the hell even make a difference?). If DSJ4 is intended to be more realistic, as Jussi claims, then there's nothing to discuss. We don't need another DSJ3, only with improved graphics. If you want to make a change, make it complete. Surprise us .-) This actually might be the first time ever that a ski jumping game takes weather into consideration (not just wind) and you (we) shouldn't miss this opportunity. My vision is, that in offline mode there could be an option to choose particular conditions (e.g. in practice or custom cups) and in online it would be random (as it is now with wind). I hope the majority of players agrees with me because it seems perfectly logical to me: Train in whatever you want, it's up to you, build your skills in various conditions, and compete in whatever comes to you.
I totally agree with that :wink:
Hills won in WC: 43