Deluxe Ski Jump 4

General discussion about DSJ3.
Severin

Deluxe Ski Jump 4

Post by Severin »

Well, as Jussi published the screen I think it's time for a DSJ4 topic...

The environment graphics looks very nice indeed :)
The game itself looks just like DSJ3 imho, at least nothing new seen on the screen...
But perhaps Jussi could give us a few news ;)

Greets
Piotr Bukowski

Post by Piotr Bukowski »

I think Jussi will mainly improve graphics, maybe the jumper and his skis won't be so stiff as today.
We'll see in the future ;)
Baron14

Post by Baron14 »

"Still wondering about the screenshot? Yes, it's from the development version of DSJ4! :) " - Jussi
A. Gorzkiewicz
Jose_Bach

Post by Jose_Bach »

Jussi, must we do new records or do DSJ3's records last or do you have even decided it yet?
Petri Kähkönen
My YouTube-channel (piano videos, for example my own compositions, arrangements etc.): http://www.youtube.com/user/BachJose -
Piotr Bukowski

Post by Piotr Bukowski »

It would be nice if jussi made dsj4 completely cheating-protected or made a new record sending system (with downloadable replays). In other case there will be new pflegers and jaluvkas and reseting will have absolutely no effect... :(
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Guess the download replay thingy would be hard to execute? or?
Severin

Post by Severin »

think so...

Because the server would have to handle every single record replay from every single jumper...

Imho the better idea would be handling it like in DSJ2 times... If a new WR was achieved, whose length lay quite long above the other jumps, Jussi first demanded the replay and then the records could be uploaded...

Problem is of course, that replays like Jaluvkas (or was it pfleger on youtube?) don't really prove cheating... In DSJ2 the replay simply didn't work when it was jumped with the wind manipulator...
Domin

Post by Domin »

Severin wrote:If a new WR was achieved, whose length lay quite long above the other jumps, Jussi first demanded the replay and then the records could be uploaded...
This is exactly idea which i thought too.
---------------------------------------------
Dominik Domin Machowiak
Severin

Post by Severin »

so, I took a closer look an the screen and what I can see as new is:

- light on the sides of the inrun ( possibly night jumping mode?)
- the little branches in the midth of the inrun
- the skis just touch the ground with the back, the front seems to be a bit in the air... that must mean that the jumper makes that little hop off the starting gate like most of the jumpers do in reality...
- improved environment graphics ( houses etc. )
- sunshine!
- snow!

I especially like the last two because weather creates some nice atmosphere...
Michal Skalik

Post by Michal Skalik »

Yeah. Night jumping with moon light would be great :)
StepByStep
Jose_Bach

Post by Jose_Bach »

Now it's useless to do new records, when DSJ4 comes, we have new records and new hills (I asked Jussi)... On the one hand it's frustrating, because of hard work what is done for records, but on the other hand it's nice when everybody starts afresh.
Petri Kähkönen
My YouTube-channel (piano videos, for example my own compositions, arrangements etc.): http://www.youtube.com/user/BachJose -
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

I don't believe DSJ3 records will be deleted, when DSJ4 comes. DSJ4 just have own list.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Jose_Bach wrote:Now it's useless to do new records, when DSJ4 comes, we have new records and new hills (I asked Jussi)... On the one hand it's frustrating, because of hard work what is done for records, but on the other hand it's nice when everybody starts afresh.
In nov. 2007, with v.1.6, the old records from 1.4/1.5 was made unvalid. For many of us who had not been using slowdown or bugs to achieve our rec's, that was quite frustrating. But then we kept the same hills with the same physics, only with better cheatprotection. I have felt ever since, that when I get a PB, but have still jumped better in v.1.4/1.5, then the old version PB is the one that really counts for me. If we will get entirely new hills, I feel it will be much more easy to leave all that behind, and start afresh. It will also be much easier to forget about old disagreements between those who used and those who didn't use slowdown etc. So new hills - or old ones modified - would be great. I guess that would be similar to when dsj3 came: Sort of a new game, and those who cared for dsj2 could/can still play the old version.
Jose_Bach

Post by Jose_Bach »

Jussi answered when I asked, should we do new records or not: "New records, because there will be new hills."
Petri Kähkönen
Severin

Post by Severin »

I guess it will be just likes with DSJ2 and DSJ3... Completely different hills and due to that a new list... I like it, because 40 hills or really enough, so a version which just adds 20 more hills would have been a bit too much I think...

And with a new version normally there will be new features ;)