Ten years of memories

General discussion about DSJ3.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ten years of memories

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Please feel free to share your best (and worst) memories of DSJ here. How and when did you stumble into DSJ for the very first time? Was it love at first sight? Has the game changed your life? :wink:
Jericho

Re: Ten years of memories

Post by Jericho »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Please feel free to share your best (and worst) memories of DSJ here. Was it love at first sight? Has the game changed your life? :wink:

My worst memories is WB, SP and JJ :(
Best memory is probably my first world record in the US 176,37
Personal best by around 4 meters..
I hope that it held for a top 3 in Norway when I jumped it, but when I saw the result I went crazy... National and world record.. to bad I had to go to work 2 hours later.
I wanted to celebrate with beer.. many
Its no longer a world record.. Bodi took it by miles

Love at first sight? hell no.... hated it.. But that was when I didnt know how to jump..??
Shit, I still dont know how :D , but I like the game, Love.. hm.. no..

If the game has changed my life? hm no friends left or social life what so ever.. you do the math :D :D :D
Last edited by Jericho on 03 Jul 2009, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Ski-Stars Summer grand prix Dsj4 champion 2012

Up the irons
Jose_Bach

Post by Jose_Bach »

I got my first touch to this game 2004, when beta version was published, but seriously I became inspired 2008 February or March when I played with my brother's computer, and next day I registered game.

And yes, it has changed my life, normally I play every day from 2 to 6 hours :D

Maybe best memories is 2nd place in 2009 Tour de DSJ's first competition, Italy's record and Canada's WR. Worst is same as Jericho's.

ps. Earlier versions I played also, but now I spoke only about DSJ3...
Petri Kähkönen
My YouTube-channel (piano videos, for example my own compositions, arrangements etc.): http://www.youtube.com/user/BachJose -
Steelman

Re: Ten years of memories

Post by Steelman »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Please feel free to share your best (and worst) memories of DSJ here. How and when did you stumble into DSJ for the very first time? Was it love at first sight? Has the game changed your life? :wink:
My first experience with DSJ came from a co-worker. He introduced me to DSJ and it was true love at first sight. The gameplay/motion is sheer genius :D
We started to compete offline and compare records with eachother. We got a boost when DSJ3 was introduced. Had some good records too.
Then I laid back for a while and did not start jumping again until December 2007. Since then I jump approx. 10-30min a day, mostly offline.
I like the game so much because it is easy to just play 10-15min offline (when I have a break).
In February this year I thought I should try to play online for the first time ever. I have som good offline records but did not know where I stood compared to others in realtime. It was not so scary after all :D
Online competition is one of my best experiences with this game and gave me new energy since online is a totally different sport than offline for good and worse. When I play so little as I do this just made me worse in offline (like a crow for the most..) But it is so fun to jump online. To bad I do not have time to jump more often.
Another good memory was winning a WC on my 18th. competition. Not bad for a hobby-skijumper :D I was also surprised when I found out that I had the true world record in Bulgaria.
That was also my worst memory since I dicovered that someone actually did cheat in the best game in the world
:shock:

Many use much energy on cheaters. I believe this just fuels up the cheaters. This genius game cannot be destroyed by cheaters, the only point they achieve is getting their names dirty and visible.
The way I cope with this is just to use these records as a guideline to what is theoreticaly possible, a way to stay sharp and never stop improving.
I know Jussi is working hard to improve the game. Instead of fighting the cheaters verbally, it is better to improve the game so it will be harder to cheat in the future.
Last edited by Steelman on 27 Aug 2009, 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
Steelman
The Flying Norwegian
Domin

Post by Domin »

I started play in 2001/2.
Worst- When Damian Bąkiewicz created wind editor-manipulator... It was the end of DSJ2.
The Best- Getting Wr on POL-Hill in DSJ2 94,48.
---------------------------------------------
Dominik Domin Machowiak
Krzysztof Stuchlik

Post by Krzysztof Stuchlik »

DSJ is the best game forever:)

When i break total length WR my dream stay real, I started cry, because i 8,5 year wait, this fantastic moment i never forget, to end of my life. Jussi you are amazing man I never forget DSJ, this game give my many beautifull moments in my life.

Second - When i break WR in slo 320,32 - next dream stay real, i can't belive that i jump 320,32 m , its amazig moment, fantastic, dreaming.

I had much more wonderfull moments, but my englisch is not perfekct, and i can;t write more:)

I will jumping next 10, 20, 30,..... .and more years.

Worst memory- cheaters I never see my name is first place in mediamond its very frustrated. :? Second worst really bad incident in tournament- dsj3.net in april 2008 :?

This is not only game :D
*****Shahen*****
Never to retreat, never to surrender!
Slovenia HS281 -320,90 m (World Record)

http://www.shahendsj.aaf.pl
mis

Post by mis »

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 8)

My best memories have to be online records achieved during competions, both my own and it is also fun to live experience somebody else getting a monster.

Worst memories....well each time when the touch is gone in an online game and you simply can't figure out why you jump so badly. Extremely frustrating... :lol:

How on earth did I find this game?? I can't recall exactly.. I think I saw a demoversion of this game with 2 hills available at a friends house. I had a few jumps and it seemed fun. Then I totally forgot about the entire game for about 5 years when I read a discussion forum where people were discussing the best and most addictive games they ever played. This game was mentioned and I decided to buy the full version just before Xmas 2007.

The game hasn't changed my life but yes for sure it is a fun and nice "hobby" to spend a few hours in the hill every now and then.

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and that new teaser looks awsome :D
Severin

Post by Severin »

Hmm, how did I get in touch with DSJ?

I don't really remember anymore... must have been while searching the web for ski jumping games... And then it was DSJ 2.1, and the realisation that this is a way better game than the RTL Skispringen 2000 :lol:

The best moment? well there were two I think... My first world record in Slowenia in DSJ2.1because it was my first world record and then my world record in australia because it was sitting in front of the screen and not believing my eyes ;)
Baron14

Post by Baron14 »

Currently I have 15 years. The Deluxe Ski Jump played from a small beginning with DSJ2 to DSJ3, so play ok already 6 years. The beginnings were difficult in the majority of players DSJ3 bold with my skills in tournaments but I decided that yet to see how well the jumps. Now I can boast a record number of Polish and 1 world. Thank you Jussi, that did this game!

PS. My english is bad
A. Gorzkiewicz
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

I started playing DSJ3, so I didn't play DSJ2. I hated this game at first, and I think that the creator of this game is very stupid, because reaching at least 1st line was impossible for me on every hill. But when MK wrote me, that I should take off with pressing 2 mouse buttons, things started to go better.

Best memory - 1st win on online WC and reaching 1700 rating barrier in online.
Worst memory - loosing 3rd place in Tour de DSJ by falling on last hill.
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Oyvind got me into this game in 2007. I wasnt particulary good. Everyone is bad at this game when they start ;)

Best memory??? Hard to say....beating 1600 online rating was awesome. I was really satisfied with some of my old records norwegian records etc.

Worst memory??? I dont have any really bad memories....Falling in some of my better jumps sucks ass. Getting -150 in two hills in tour dsj3 this winter sucked in a row i might add. Think i had 1599 rating then fell back down 150. Sucked.
Cvetko Stanisa

Post by Cvetko Stanisa »

Jussi, my congratulation for DSJ 10th Anniversary!
I play this game almost from the beginning. Aniversary is the time to celebrate! It was also bad days and bad words beetweeen us, but it is 1000x more wonderful memories as worst memories. To your anniversary Jussi - here is link to (as i know) first DSJ on-line record list in the world. About one year before offical hill record pages was oppened on www.mediamond.fi, we in Slovenia have created this homesite: http://www2.arnes.si/~krtrzm8/dsj/index_e.html This was for version DSJ 1.5, only 16 hills, lenght on +/- 0,5 m,...., but our love to DSJ was born! We have grown up with DSJ! And of course my best memorie ever is 102,0 m in Norway and 7.place. My name was first time visible for other players in DSJ competition. One year later, version 2.1 - my first offical WR, China - 245,37m, also indelible memories. Now i'm not active player anymore but i have contacts with some friends which i have meet with help of DSJ. We was and we are the DSJ-Familly!

Congratualtion again and hope we will play 4th generation of DSJ soon.
Michal Skalik

Post by Michal Skalik »

First of all, congratulations for 10th Anniversary!
Unfortunately, I couldn't jump in tournament :( grtz to all winners!

Ok, so now, something about me... My first jumps I made in DSJ2. I was a small kid and it was some kind of fun... pretty good fun :)
Next I had a long breake and came back to DSJ3 ver 1.0. I were jumping not so much, my results were poorly.
I had another break and I came back as Grzegorz Wojtanowski in 1.5 version (results are in mediamond website). I jumped without any cheats, because I was totally amatuer. I didn't even know, that in this time people were jumping with some sevbug, slowdown or some other shit. My jumps were strange, because I had for example 218,15m in Finland and 89,75m in UK! :shock:
Next I had another break and I came back on March 2008. Since this time, as you know, I play regulary.

My best memory is 1st place in Tour de DSJ3 2009 :)
I dont have really badly and sadly memory... But my biggest dsj unhappines is feeling, that I will never (in dsj3) see my surname on 1st place... (greetings to SP, JJ and WB)

Something about my wishes... Creating the lists of online hill records is my the biggest dsj dream. I am sure that it would have huge influence to all future of Deluxe Ski Jump. About playing online... The room: "Front Winds Tournament, 1x40 hills" would be fcking great :P

Couple words to you, Jussi. Congratulations and Thank You for DSJ :) Game is really really cool.
Last edited by Michal Skalik on 08 Jul 2009, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
StepByStep
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

I don't have such huge memories like you, as I may still be called a "freshman". I started to play DSJ regularly in January 2008.

Just for fun, I entered a little, little, little, and, if you still don't know, little offline tournament that no longer exists. There I've met Adam Piotrowski, thanks to whom my career started to develop. Here I have to write a big:

THANK YOU, ADAM!

Later on, I've entered dsj3.net, where some of you, non-Polish jumpers, have also been jumping, and finally got my subscription and could participate at all, or almost all of the online tournaments.

When it comes to the results, a wide range of emotions is associated with them. From huge anger, when in the first month of my regular jumping I have fallen twice at near 283m in Germany due to my stupid mistakes, to extreme happiness after setting new world records.

Now I feel, I'm slowly coming to the limit in the offline mode. No records = less motivation. Furthermore, I don't have that much time for DSJ as I used to have. But still it was, it is, and it will be an important part of my life.

Hopefully DSJ4 will make the tanker called "Motivation" arrive at my port again :)
Kajek

Post by Kajek »

I started the game of DSJ before about 7 years, then it was of course DSJ 2, how for those times very much I liked it;) but I didn't have the unabridged version, after a few months Polish writing "Komputer Swiat" gave full DSJ 2 versions, I played in not often, but I had computer malfunctions and I only on DSJ 3 1.3 also came back from the writing the Komputer Swiat, still my career carried on sie up till today, in November I decided 2008 to become the legal DSJ 3 player fully and I bought the key out, so far I didn't have a problem with the game, but now they appear, the game strange is trimming itself, I don't know whether there is a meaning to train and to try if the game doesn't allow fully to spread its wings.
http://epgaming.net/ - Jedyny aktywny turniej DSJ3 na świecie!
http://epgaming.net/ - Only active DSJ3 tournament in the world!