sensitivity - mouse

General discussion about DSJ3.
lukasz2888

Post by lukasz2888 »

I thought I can change mouse sensibility only in training mode... I use A4Tech OP-620 - what do you think about this one? Is it good for DSJ? My jumps are very unequal - I can take a few good jumps but then I lose sensation and I can't control my jumper the way I want to. It's quite frustrating - I usually lose in online tournaments with players who have worse hill records.
Kjell Arild Korbøl

Post by Kjell Arild Korbøl »

lukasz2888 wrote:I thought I can change mouse sensibility only in training mode... I use A4Tech OP-620 - what do you think about this one? Is it good for DSJ? My jumps are very unequal - I can take a few good jumps but then I lose sensation and I can't control my jumper the way I want to. It's quite frustrating - I usually lose in online tournaments with players who have worse hill records.
Hi, I don't think what kind of mouse have to much to say..
I've tried out a few different mouses and are now playing with an explorer 3.0 from microsoft. (not the best mouse).
Get used to the one you choose, jump alot offline with it.. watch replays of others and find the key to each hill..
I use very high sensitivity, it's hard to handle but at last it gives nice results..

good luck! :wink:
lukasz2888

Post by lukasz2888 »

Thank you. :) Well, I use high sensitivity too - 10.00. I play a few hours every day (I had a break from February to December), I watch replays and I know how to jump on majority of hills, but sometimes it's hard to do - one day I break a few records, but another it's only one or none. It's quite weird, don't you think so?
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

(...) but sometimes it's hard to do - one day I break a few records, but another it's only one or none. It's quite weird, don't you think so?
Nope, I don't think so. It's just simply a matter of day. If you have a good one, you can beat many records. But you can also have problems with reaching HS after a bad day.

When it comes to the mouse senitivity, it depends only on the equipment you got. I didn't know how can one jump on a high sensitivity. One little wrong movement and the jumper changes from an eagle into an emu. But than I got a 400 dpi mouse and it wasn't possible to jump long with a low sensitivity. So I had to switch to a +7,00 sensitivity.

So, Łukasz, you must simply train offline with different sensitivities to find the most suitable for you. But first of all, you may check your mouse's dpi. It will be written on the box. Or, if you have thrown it out, you can check it on the Internet. I'm of an opinion that the lower the dpi a mouse has, the higher the sensitivity in game should be set.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, people :)

P.S.
I use A4Tech OP-620 - what do you think about this one? Is it good for DSJ?
Well, I don't know this one, but A4Tech seems to have a very good equipment. I know at least 4 top jumpers who are using A4Tech mouse :)
Michal Skalik

Post by Michal Skalik »

A4 tech X7 XL-750BF

Usually I use 1200 dpi, but sometimes 800 dpi and 1600 dpi are better.

Sensitivity, hmm... 3,16 - 3,34.

Peace.
MS
StepByStep
lukasz2888

Post by lukasz2888 »

Thank you for your advice, Ralph. :) Well, I guess its dpi is 620 (but on different sites I found different information) - now I'm trying to jump with sensitivity set on 8.20 and it's not bad. Maybe I'll break some new records in the evening - Switzerland is the worst, I still can't reach HS. :?
mintek

Post by mintek »

I use 5.05.
(My mouse is A4 Tech OFFICE 8K) :)
-=Martin=-

Post by -=Martin=- »

Doesn't Mouse Sensitivity ingame only works in Training Mode? :roll:
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

Nope, you can change the mouse sensitivity in Players ----> Martin Pointer (probably this is your Player's name :) ).
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

-=Martin=- wrote:Doesn't Mouse Sensitivity ingame only works in Training Mode? :roll:
If you go to "settings" directly from "main menu", then it only applies training mode. But if you in the main menu choose "players", then choose yourself (or the player that is relevant), then choose "mouse sensitivity", it will aply that player in game.
This is obviously so because it allows for having several players, each with their personally set sensivity, on the same pc.
-=Martin=-

Post by -=Martin=- »

Grufugl wrote:
-=Martin=- wrote:Doesn't Mouse Sensitivity ingame only works in Training Mode? :roll:
If you go to "settings" directly from "main menu", then it only applies training mode. But if you in the main menu choose "players", then choose yourself (or the player that is relevant), then choose "mouse sensitivity", it will aply that player in game.
This is obviously so because it allows for having several players, each with their personally set sensivity, on the same pc.
*lol* learned something new after 3 years of DSJ :D