Tailwind is simply NO FUN!

General discussion about DSJ3.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

If KAK's solution is possible, maybe that's the way to do it.
Another way could be to let the wind be as changeable in each jump as it is now (rather realistic, and then with no implications for the rec's lists), but to somehow secure that there still is a prevailing main wind when it comes to strength and direction through a hill competition as a whole. This way we will get those not exactly fair, but realistic variations from jump to jump that we see in real life. But not that the conditions change totally AND lasting after some jumps - what would lead to cancelling and restart in real life. (The problem in dsj offline today is that exactly this is what happens allmost every time).

A different thing: People refer to online and say the players have exactly the same wind there. I thought that we only had about the same STARTwind, and that the wind then varies randomly for each player down the hill? What is the truth?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Grufugl wrote:If KAK's solution is possible, maybe that's the way to do it.
Players could then get advance by watching how the wind behaves on the first jump and then for the rest of the jumpers choose the best possible starting time.
Grufugl wrote: Another way could be to let the wind be as changeable in each jump as it is now (rather realistic, and then with no implications for the rec's lists), but to somehow secure that there still is a prevailing main wind when it comes to strength and direction through a hill competition as a whole. This way we will get those not exactly fair, but realistic variations from jump to jump that we see in real life.
This might be a good way to do it.
Grufugl wrote: A different thing: People refer to online and say the players have exactly the same wind there. I thought that we only had about the same STARTwind, and that the wind then varies randomly for each player down the hill? What is the truth?
The winds used to be only similar until v1.6.0, but now there's a server option to make the wind exactly the same for all players. This option is currently enabled on all servers.
Skyflyer

Post by Skyflyer »

I think there should be an option in offline game "Disable wind", that means that wind is all the time at 0.0 m/s value. With this wind is impossible to set any record jump, so you don't have to delete all old records. For me its the best solution.
JOIN THE BEST DSJ3 TOURNAMENT!
http://www.dsj3.net/index.php?lang=en