Question

General discussion about DSJ3.
Jan Šterba

Question

Post by Jan Šterba »

Today I wanted to play tournament on 19.00. But in almost every(3 were ok) competition it kicked me out and said: Connection to master server was broken!
And i lost almost 150 rating points!!! (1478 before- 1349 after)
Is there any way how to get it back???

If there isn´t, I must quit playing dsj online, cause this isn´t happening for 1. time.
I just want to have my score as it was before tournament.

And I really don´t understand why I lost this points, cause I didn´t exit tournament.
sajdor

Post by sajdor »

nope, there is no way to get them back, trust me I know that feeling, u cant get it back cause if there would be a bad wind or u would be out of 30 or 50 then u would be able to leave the competition with out any harm, so u lose points to preven that stuff, but sht happens and u can lose your connection and still lose your points, makes u really pissed off but have to deal with it
Lukasz Stanczak
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The rating points have to be reduced even if the connection gets broken due to networking problems.
Otherwise the players could unplug their network connection whenever they jump badly and that way reach higher ratings unfairly.

Most of the connection problems are caused by the client side firewall software, so you should check if that's the reason in your case as well.
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

OK I´ll get my 130 points back 8)

But there is one more strange thing: When I leave competition, I´ll loose some points. That´s ok. But when I´ll return on same hill and when I´ll quit once more I am losing also some points!
Is this normal?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jan Štěrba wrote:But when I´ll return on same hill and when I´ll quit once more I am losing also some points!
Is this normal?
That's not the way it should be. I'll check if there's a bug in the server.
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Jan Štěrba wrote:OK I´ll get my 130 points back 8)

But there is one more strange thing: When I leave competition, I´ll loose some points. That´s ok. But when I´ll return on same hill and when I´ll quit once more I am losing also some points!
Is this normal?
That is normal that you loose points beacause you log of the game to late in the competition.
You need to log of when it says what hill is next.
Not during Qualify, thats why you loose points....Or maybe its better that you also take part in the hills you dont like so you can practice in them, instead of beeing afraid of loosing rank points....
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

Well, I think that you don´t understand what I was trying to say. I completely agree with that you wrote, but I was trying to say something another.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Jan Štěrba wrote:But when I´ll return on same hill and when I´ll quit once more I am losing also some points!
Is this normal?
That's not the way it should be. I'll check if there's a bug in the server.
Bug fixed.
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

Ok thank you!