3%
F4
No votes

Total votes: 32

IamJaruh

True Camera, first person?

Post by IamJaruh »

Dear Players,

as i am very new to the game, forgive me in advance my perhaps stupid questions asked in these forum chambers.

As i have started to play Dsj3 a couple of weeks ago, i didn't wonder in which camera mode i should play, assuming that the first person perspective in F4 is the most realistic. I didn't seem to even question a different view, since the handling in F4 seems to be the most accurate. But it looks like i'm a fool now, because as i have read, F1, F2 or F3 is considered as the best one.

Altough i am a absolutely zero as it comes to jumping and flying, i can't hekp to think the F4 first person view should be considered as the true perspective aint this so? Is the different view really the better one? How come? I am very curious to your opinon an thinking about it. Don't hesitate to improve or interrupt me where you can, i am so eager to develop in this game since the feeling of flying is incredible..

Thanks in advance !!
Either they are crazy, or i am very smart..
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

F1 or F2 will definately give you the best view to decide the precise moment for take-off and landing, as well as for best to judge if you have a good angle between the jumper and the skis throughout the flight. All of this is hard to see in other views.

Whether you should choose F1 or F2 I would say is more of a matter of taste. Some will certainly disagree, but there are jumpers here who have become very skilled and successfull with both of those choises.

F3 and F4 can be fun maybe, but will not give results :wink:

Watch some replays (you find a lot in this forum), practice a lot and be patient and results will come! Good luck :)
IamJaruh

Post by IamJaruh »

Thanks very much.., happy to hear you telling me what to do. Although i was quiet sattisfied with my 'birdsview' because the feeling is great with it.., i'm gonna change to your suggested F1 or F2.

Thanks again..
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

Grufugl wrote:F3 and F4 can be fun maybe, but will not give results :wink:
Eee? My record in Slovenia was jumped from F3 :P
IamJaruh

Post by IamJaruh »

Do you play with F3? Trying to change now and adapt a little with F1 and F2..., it's getting better and bettr..., but i have to remark that with the F4 angle my results get better and better as well.. I just got very close to you Slovenian record with F4..., funny sou set it with F3..
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

@ dzamper: I just watched your replay from Japan. Very nice jump! I have to admit: Done with F3 you have suprisingly good take-off and flight. And it's a good length, so results are obviously possible :wink: But I also see you could have landed much later, and this would be a lot easier to see if you use F1 or F2. So I stand by my arguments. But of course - if F3 is the view that makes you happy and gives you your records, then what can I say :)
martom

Post by martom »

I think F1 (take-off) and F2 (flight) is best.
Try F5 (take off) and F8 (flight) in hills <200m
You will probably like it afterwhile :)