Question to Jussi about slowdowning and...

General discussion about DSJ3.
Domin

Question to Jussi about slowdowning and...

Post by Domin »

Hi Jussi,
This is public question, because not only i wanted to ask it.
Why don't you to demand replays from Stepan Pfleger, Josef Jaluvka (especially first one)? There exist real suspicion, that they are using slowdown in new version. I've seen in Josef's replays hundred's of micro-moves in flight- it just goes to show that they are using it. Besides i know him from old version, and i know that he was using *** and sevo-style (Stepan)
About slowdown- You said that is not possible in new version, but i heard that is possibility to run it on one of the Windows 98 version- is it true?

I would be grateful to you for answer here.

Dominik Machowiak 2
---------------------------------------------
Dominik Domin Machowiak
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question to Jussi about slowdowning and...

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Domin wrote:Hi Jussi,
This is public question, because not only i wanted to ask it.
Why don't you to demand replays from Stepan Pfleger, Josef Jaluvka (especially first one)? There exist real suspicion, that they are using slowdown in new version. I've seen in Josef's replays hundred's of micro-moves in flight- it just goes to show that they are using it. Besides i know him from old version, and i know that he was using *** and sevo-style (Stepan)
About slowdown- You said that is not possible in new version, but i heard that is possibility to run it on one of the Windows 98 version- is it true?
Actually I haven't said that it's not possible to use slowdown - I have only said that it's now more difficult to use it. To my knowledge it's still possible on some Windows 98 computers, but I haven't been able to confirm it myself. The unfortunate fact is, that it will never be technically possible to catch all the cheaters. It's also very difficult to disqualify people based on their replays, so that nobody won't get disqualified on wrong basis. So, it's finally up to the players' honesty to keep the hill records table clean.
AB

Post by AB »

why cant we have an own section of online records,and still have the others??
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

AB wrote:why cant we have an own section of online records,and still have the others??
Hill records that are jumped in DSJ3 Online can't be verified 100% either.
Domin

Post by Domin »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
AB wrote:why cant we have an own section of online records,and still have the others??
Hill records that are jumped in DSJ3 Online can't be verified 100% either.
Exactly, player who use slowdown may slowdown game only before take-off, but in any case his jump and his lenght could much better...
---------------------------------------------
Dominik Domin Machowiak
Kjell Arild Korbøl

Post by Kjell Arild Korbøl »

Todays time limit at "green light" have some negative sides:
- It makes it possible for cheaters to slow down the game during their jump
- Many people wait for better winds and it slows the competitions. (It will be more equal if the limit was set to 5 secs.) And shorter time after jump.

Any others feeling the same? :D

Anyhow, this is just a suggestion for an even more equal competition, and maybe to make the online game better protected against cheaters..

Wind isn't everything, you also have to do a good jump... 8)
Vid

Post by Vid »

I agree with Kjell, but somehow I like to have this 10 second time limit. In DSJ1.6. with wind changes much less rapidly than before, and it adds a spot of luck in competition (as in real ski jumping). Also, though you may benefit if you wait at the start, it seems to me that people forget that you also risk a lot if the wind turns the wrong way.
In online jumping it is clear that with -4.0 wind on the ramp most people wait and with +4.0 they do their jump immidiately. So I rather like this suspense it is now...especially because differences are much much lesser than before.

If the time limit will be shorter I won't object, but as Kjell put it - it STILL takes an excellent jump to benefit from better wind conditions.
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

Kjell Arild Korbøl wrote:Todays time limit at "green light" have some negative sides:
- Many people wait for better winds and it slows the competitions.
Completely acceptable, the wind changes are still the same for everyone. Though I agree the green light time could be cut down to 10 secs like IRL...
Cvetko Stanisa

Re: Question to Jussi about slowdowning and...

Post by Cvetko Stanisa »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Actually I haven't said that it's not possible to use slowdown - I have only said that it's now more difficult to use it. To my knowledge it's still possible on some Windows 98 computers, but .....So, it's finally up to the players' honesty to keep the hill records table clean.
Agree! About this topic we discuss more then 1,5 year and on this forum is a lot of suggestion, more then enough also for DSJ4! And yes it's possible to jump also in ver. 1.6 slower like "normal speed by Jussi" (actually without any speed tool), but possible almost only for "computer guru", don't know for Win98, but know (also checked) other way! Jussi will never made immune game against cheat, so players be honesty to keep the hill records table clean! For more suggest http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic ... &start=135