Why is there so few players?

General discussion about DSJ3.
Akita

Why is there so few players?

Post by Akita »

This game is among the most fun ones to play on online. But why is there so few players? Is it the price you have to pay for 1 year or is it because people don't like/know it? My subscription is almost out and i don' think that i will pay for a new since there are so few players... What should be done to get more players?? One price for the "offline" game and one for online game without noe more fee for subscriptoins?? I would rather pay a "stiff" price for a online version than å yearly subscription... Any one with any thougst about this?? You Jussi also.. :-)

Thanks for a realy good online game...
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

I think there are more than enough players to have lots of fun online. At the scheduled wednesday and saturday tournaments there are usually 70-100 players during the winter season. Some actually feel that's too many players and want to split theese tournaments in rating divisions! (And that may be a good idea, but that's another topic...).
Apart from the scheduled tournaments there are of course fewer players, but it also depends what time a day you join. I find it perfectly ok to play with, say, 15-30 players.

But of course it would be nice to see the "community" grow. I guess we'll just have to spread the word :)

As for the subscribtion, I really don't see the problem with a yearly payment. I'm sure Jussi needs this for his maintainance and development, and one can't seriously complain about the prices.

Hey, if you leave we become even fewer :wink:
urleb

WHY IS THERE SO FEW PLAYERS

Post by urleb »

I ALSO NOTICED THAT EVERY DAY IS MORE AND MORE FEW PLAYERS, AND I THINK THAT THE PROBLEM IS RATING LIST.

THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY VERRY FEW, BECAUSE THEY ONLY LOSE RATING IF THEY PLAY WITH THE PLAYERS WITH SMALL RATING.I ASK WHY THE POSSIBLE RATING
IS 9999 AND WE KNOW THAT NOWBODY EVEN DEJAN SITAR WILL NEVER RICH THIS NUMBER.

MY SUGESTION IS CHANGE OF RATING RULES ON WAY THAT ALL PLAYERS GO MORE UP WITH RATING AND LESS DOWN.

MY FRIEND WAS SUSCRIBE LAST WEEK AND IN TWO DAYS HE WAS DOWN ON 800 POINTS OF RATING AND THEN HE STOP PLAY, BECAUSE NEW PLAYER NEED A LOT OF TIME TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY THAT DIFFICULT GAME.

IF TOURNAMENT WILL BE EVERY DAY IN SAME TIME THERE WILL BE MORE PLAYERS TO.

THAT IS MY POINT OF WIEW, I ONLY LIKE THAT THERE WILL BE MORE JUMPERS, IF NOTHING BE DONE ON SPRING AND SUMMER TIME THERE WILL BE NO PLAYERS TO PLAY THAT FOR ME BEST ONLINE GAME.

RADO URLEB
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WHY IS THERE SO FEW PLAYERS

Post by Jussi Koskela »

You shouldn't put so much emphasis on the ratings. They are there only to depict the players' current jumping condition. The system is built so that the average player has a rating of 1000, so it's quite natural that players who have only started to play DSJ3 will get a lower rating at first. But that's not a problem. As his/her skills improve it won't take long for the rating to balance with his/her actual level. It also shoudln't be a problem for the top players to play against players with a lower rating as they will be winning most of the rounds.

I know that some players prefer to play against less players (it's easier to qualify) and some want to play when the world cup is fully crowded. There are more players online usually from 18 CET to 01 CET and of course during the offiicial tournaments, so that's the time to join if you like to play with more people. During the daytime most players have to work (the majority of players are adults), so it will be more silent in the online game as well.

According to my statistics the amount of players online is increasing, so you really shoudln't be worried about not finding playing company. Ski jumping is mostly a winter sports, so the popularity trend of course follows pretty much the progress of the real ski jumping season. But believe me, there will be active players also during the summer! :)
ARuzic

Post by ARuzic »

I think that there is enaugh players online. If there is for example between 10 and 20 player online this in enaugh for playing. I like rating sistem becouse it is very fair. I don't see any problem if i loose some rating. If you have lower rating your point encrese more for every next good jump. So u can drop for 200 in one hour and also get 200 point in the same time. It is nice also that players with better current rating are mostly in the top at the end of competiton.

And i also noticed that soma addicted players with DSJ are online every evening including me. Comunitiy is not the biggest but for sure is the best. I have never been in such friendly online community like in DSJ.
Loz

Post by Loz »

And i also noticed that soma addicted players with DSJ are online every evening including me. Comunitiy is not the biggest but for sure is the best. I have never been in such friendly online community like in DSJ.
I have the same opinion!