It's time for new version, isn't it?

General discussion about DSJ3.
Vik

It's time for new version, isn't it?

Post by Vik »

Hey Jussi, it seems to me, that you should release your new version because of the decreasing dsj-players.... they run away :?

Do anything....
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's time for new version, isn't it?

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Vik wrote:Hey Jussi, it seems to me, that you should release your new version because of the decreasing dsj-players.... they run away :?

Do anything....
Ski jumping is pretty much of winter sports, so it's quite natural that people are jumping less during the summertime. 8)
e-sAn(fin)

Post by e-sAn(fin) »

I totally agree with Jussi! I started playing in the winter 2005-2006 and when the summer came I thougt "well this was a shortlived game" since no ones PB:s improoved! And then came the winter, and FORUM and i met loads of players again online!

So there is no point in releasing a new version in summertime, howere next winter when people are starting to play again this wuld be a great idea!

Tho I will state that even when a new version is released I will on the side of the new version continue with DSJ3 v:1.5 and all the glorious bugs cuz it's just so damn fun :D

But bottom line is that I am eagerly waiting for a bugfree (some might call it fair...) version :)
I sev-jump and I'm proud! >:D
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

Even though the topic is open for some weeks: When outdoor there are 25+°C I do prefer to practise cycling instead of having fun with a ski jumping game.

Now the summer GP is almost over, hotel is booked for the following FIS Weltcup. Now I am looking forward to the start of the Weltcup Season. I myself am going to order my new online key Nobember/2007.

One question: Are there any plans for a DSJ 151 and what features are scheduled?
Cvetko Stanisa

Post by Cvetko Stanisa »

sunset_rider wrote: One question: Are there any plans for a DSJ 151 and what features are scheduled?
After veeeeery looooooong time is old Flying bear back on this forum! Stil good question Sunset_rider! If i correct see, you have after 10 days no response from responsible person. So, my comment, maybe is too occupied with new version. About feauture, scheduled and suggestion for new version DSJ 3.1.5.xy was exactly for 1 year (september 2006) very hot discussion on dsj.airco.com (before this forum was open). Results can you see at the present time!
And by the way which color of DSJ T- Shirt you have?
Severin

Post by Severin »

Yeah well, new versions were always released at the beginning of the winter season... So it will be like this again...

I hope very much that it will not be completely about Online jumping, cause I still prefer the offline record hunt...

Naturally my dream would be a game with some innovations, perhaps a few new hills AND no possibility to use bugs and slowdown with a resetted record list...

We will see with what Jussi comes up :)
Audun

Post by Audun »

Yepp Severing, though I don't think it will be something very big, cause Jussi have had much work with other stuff then DSJ, like he's studies... Still, looking forward too it. I also hope it will be something for offline jumping, not only online (though I like both).
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Audun wrote:Yepp Severing, though I don't think it will be something very big, cause Jussi have had much work with other stuff then DSJ, like he's studies... Still, looking forward too it. I also hope it will be something for offline jumping, not only online (though I like both).
So, far there are few minor improvements for the online game implemented, so don't expect anything too revolutionary. I have to finish my master's thesis asap, so I really can't put too much effort on DSJ right now.
Severin

Post by Severin »

Ah well, of course studies go first :)

Then we'll have to wait a bit longer for a complete re-newed version...
Cvetko Stanisa

Post by Cvetko Stanisa »

Jussi Koskela wrote: [I have to finish my master's thesis asap, so I really can't put too much effort on DSJ right now.
Totally agree with you and belive me i know what this mean. And when you plan to finish your master's thesis?

Ok friends, old Flying bear go back to sleep in his hole. We see us in september 2008 again! It was nice to discuss with you again, espacially with you Sevo and Audun!