Wind direction and conditions way out of control?

General discussion about DSJ3.
RamGuy

Wind direction and conditions way out of control?

Post by RamGuy »

Is it just me or does the random wind generator behave like a girl in her period?
I'm playing single player and have created about 110 jumpers based on the world cup list and I've got like six player based jumpers whom I use myself and are playing through a 80 hill world cup round.

There is one thing making this less fun than it should be, the wind direction and strength is all over the place.. Jumper nr1 might have 2ms upwind and suddenly jumper nr5 gets 4ms tailwind and suddenly out of nowhere jumper nr10 receives barley any wind at all?

In my final rounds with 30 jumpers I can see anything from 4ms tailwind to 3ms upwind between the jumpers? It's just silly with these kind of random wind strengths and direction destroying everything, especially as there is no wind point system like in the real world cup. In some competitions the top five of the first round might lose their place within the top ten because of horrid wind conditions, without a wind point system like in the real world cup no one in their right mind would allow this kind of unfair wind conditions so why do we have them in DSJ3? At least there should be an option to set some kind of wind corridor or something, or at least set a specific wind instead of this nonsense.
Arto Sihvola

Re: Wind direction and conditions way out of control?

Post by Arto Sihvola »

RamGuy wrote:Is it just me or does the random wind generator behave like a girl in her period?
I'm playing single player and have created about 110 jumpers based on the world cup list and I've got like six player based jumpers whom I use myself and are playing through a 80 hill world cup round.

There is one thing making this less fun than it should be, the wind direction and strength is all over the place.. Jumper nr1 might have 2ms upwind and suddenly jumper nr5 gets 4ms tailwind and suddenly out of nowhere jumper nr10 receives barley any wind at all?

In my final rounds with 30 jumpers I can see anything from 4ms tailwind to 3ms upwind between the jumpers? It's just silly with these kind of random wind strengths and direction destroying everything, especially as there is no wind point system like in the real world cup. In some competitions the top five of the first round might lose their place within the top ten because of horrid wind conditions, without a wind point system like in the real world cup no one in their right mind would allow this kind of unfair wind conditions so why do we have them in DSJ3? At least there should be an option to set some kind of wind corridor or something, or at least set a specific wind instead of this nonsense.
You ever took it under consideration in what year this game was released compared to when compensation system was first introduced in ski jumping?

Wind does make a lot of movement, i usually don't even look at it that much as i skip all the CPU jumpers, but looking at the board after round have finished i notice some jumpers must of had diffrent wind conditions. But hey that's ski jumping for you, wind conditions change a lot in real competition aswell.