Online game screenshots, please

General discussion about DSJ3.
janm

Online game screenshots, please

Post by janm »

HI.

Due to not having a registered version of dsj3 yet, i'd like to see how this online mode looks like. I'm asking someone who has it, to post a couple of screenshots of an online game and chat, so myself and others who don't have dsj yet can see how it looks.

Thanks.

Jan
Last edited by janm on 16 Mar 2007, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
Torsten

Re: Online game screenshots, please

Post by Torsten »

http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85
You can see the results ...

The online-mode workss this way:
1. Joining a competition (mostly a world cup on all 32 hills)
2. waiting until the start of the next hill (a round on every hills is about 2-3 minutes)
3. After all players pushed the READY-button (but not later than 15 seconds) the qualifying starts (every player gets the same starting wind, but the wind changes randomly during the jump for every player) and you jump locally on your computer and after the jump your result is sent to the server where you will see all results of all players
4. Best 40/50 jumpers of qualification round are jumping the first jump of the competition (same like 3.)
5. Best 30 jumpers are doing the second jump (same like 3.)
6. The best 30 jumpers are getting WC-Points, the skill for every player will be computed immediately --> http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/onlinerating/
7. A table of the actual WC standings after this hill is shown
8. next hill
9. --> 3.

It's GREAT fun!!
janm

Post by janm »

Thanks, Torsten for helping me get a better image of the procedure in an online play.

I guess i don't need screenshots afterall. The results table looks the same as when playing against computer jumpers offline i guess, according to your description.

I hope i can join you guys soon and experience the online feature of this fun game. 8)

Jan
Vik

Post by Vik »

Don't wait too long, because the skills of each player improves from hill to hill.... :)

It's very hard to win... :lol:
Henning

Post by Henning »

But that's the nice thing of the game. Never stop, because you always get better and better ;)

It will take some time, but with a bit time and luck yau'll get better and better as I said before^^

It's just fun.
janm

Post by janm »

Hehe, no worries. I'll be around ASAP.

I'm already practicing :) . Uh, where are those dsj2 years..So far back.
Dsj3 is a great sequel and great fun. See you online soon :D
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Henning wrote:But that's the nice thing of the game. Never stop, because you always get better and better ;)
Yeah, until you hit a slump where you feel like you've never played this game before. I'm in one of those slumps right now.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Of cause I had this, too, but it never lasts too long. Thomas you'll do better again I think.