STEALING THE SENSE AND HEART OF THE GAME

General discussion about DSJ3.
Jan Cihosky

STEALING THE SENSE AND HEART OF THE GAME

Post by Jan Cihosky »

I had enough. OPEN YOUR EYES JUSSI!

You know why we play your game?

Because we can compete. The 8 new hills have been a breath of fresh air. We had a unique opportunity to fight for the world record. This Friday has been exciting. Everybody enjoyed it. The wr holder has been changing virtually every couple of minutes. That is the sense and a true heart of this superb game. That is why we love it and spend hours and hours playing it.

AND THEN *** JALUVKA APPEARS ONCE AGAIN AND SCREWS THE WHOLE GAME UP. I CANNOT WITHSTAND THIS! DON'T YOU SEE IT? ISN'T IT CLEAR FOR
YOU???? LOOK AT THE METERS! LOOK AT IT!!!!
SOMEBODY IS STEALING THE GAME FROM YOU JUSSI!
HOLD IT!
GIVE US THIS MAJOR POLL QUESTION AND WE WILL ERASE PFLEGER AND JALUVKA FROM THE DSJ WORLD!
DO IT NOW!
I AM SO PISSED OFF AS NEVER! HUNDREDS OF US ARE!!!
OPEN YOUR EYES JUSSI! YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD AND IT IS AWAY. JALUVKA IS KICKING YOUR HEAD AND LAUGHING AT YOUR FACE!
STOP IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME FOR ACTION JUSSI I MEAN IT!
United nations of DSJ
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

I pretty much agree with Jan. It's totally inhuman to take five world records in less than 24 hours (let alone that insane result in Argentina). This finally proves something fishy is going on.
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

These records have been sent at 1 o'clock.. and they have, apart from Iceland, today's date.

IT MEANS THAT HE JUMPED THEM WITHIN AN HOUR.
Jericho

Re: STEALING THE SENSE AND HEART OF THE GAME

Post by Jericho »

226.04m in Georgia by Stepan P.
Even after a day I know that length like that is impossible without any kinds of tools..

well not much we can do about the cheating.
Ski-Stars Summer grand prix Dsj4 champion 2012

Up the irons
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jericho wrote:well not much we can do about the cheating.
This applies to me, too. Some hill records might look unbelievable, but that's not an evidence to disqualify any player. The facts haven't changed since this was discussed last time.

To everybody: Please restrain yourself from offending other players on the forum.
Last edited by Jussi Koskela on 29 Nov 2008, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

But anyway, please restrain yourself from offending other players on the forum

Me? hm.. what did I do or say?
Ski-Stars Summer grand prix Dsj4 champion 2012

Up the irons
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jericho wrote: Me? hm.. what did I do or say?
Sorry, my comment was not meant to you but as general tip to all writers.
heathcliffe dyba

Post by heathcliffe dyba »

Jussi both of them players are an embarrasment to this great game. I mean for them to have over 100m more than any other player surely that is sufficient enough to see the back of them here. It is people like them two that make me want to start cheating but I am not that cheap and I wont do.
Your friendly neighbourhood skijumper,

<Heathcliffe Dyba>

Pflegar and Jaluvka's records are fiction

www.youtube.com/DSJtube
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

Someone referred to Stefan Pfleger's online rating earlier on...

32. Stepan Pfleger CZE 967

Of course that rating is not the whole truth, but a holder of 21 world records surely would have a higher level of routine. I don't really believe he's done only one race online either.
Krzysztof Stuchlik

Post by Krzysztof Stuchlik »

Jussi I jumpig some 6 hours in one day and i have total 7788,06 (TWR) total almost 7900 its not possible , you konow jussi......
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

You can thank them Jussi, why so many players has already quited this game and why release of new hills turned to disaster.... You should be furious too. No way we will be kind to these *******.
Severin

Post by Severin »

yeah, come on folks, what you are doing right now, is just give these people more stuff to be happy... it's just what they want to achieve... to get you angry...

And I totally agree with Jussi... Until there is ABSOLUT proof that Pfleger or Javluvka is cheating it's senseless to ban them... just come to think of the consequences... if anybody in the future will set WRs that will look incredible, Jussi will have to ban them too, that will make everything the game is about ridiculous, because then it's all just in the eyes of the spectator if someone is cheating or not...

In DSJ2, when someone invented the down-up technique he jumped longer than anybody else, and cold you dall it a cheat? he just used the possibilities the game provides... ( i don't remember his name... something with D...? )

so anyway, give Jussi a absolut proof ( what evidently is currently not possible or live with the fact that the two use likely slowdown and look at the community records and try to beat them.... or stop it and quit gaming if you can't stand it...
but please stop it to be so unbelievably childish... it won't help anyone...

again: just my few cents...
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

Severin, I believe that the growing frustration which results in insulting JJ and SP is mainly due to the lack of any form of "painkillers".

The idea of making a tool which would enable us drawing one line for the World Record and another line for the National Record has been discussed a few months ago. But nothing has been done to create such a device therefore people seeing that JJ and SP are still spoilng the fun became even more angry than they were.

I have talked with several people not only from Poland and all of them claimed that such a tool would be a good "painkiller". It would bring back pleasure as the light blue line wouldn't be located in an unreachable region.

Jussi, if you want to improve the atmosphere in the DSJ community and avoid any further insults, please create such a device.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Severin is right, like it or not. Even if you "know" these people cheat, there is, as he says, not absolute proof, so the thing is: where to draw the line?

It is this way in out there in real life too, you know. Things must "hold up in court". A copper can't just get a fellow convicted because he feels sure he's got the right guy. Even if he actually HAS the right guy and knows it, proof will be necessary. That has to be the system, even if now and then some criminal goes free. Othervice some other time someone innocent could be convicted. You all know this of course. So why do you want wild west justice here in dsj? You run the risk of some day becoming the innocent victim yourself!

Jussi knows he HAS to stick to fair justice and to proof, so it really is disrespect to him to keep on whining like this.

Another thing: Those two (or three? or four?) are obviously not the only ones cheating. The real trouble begins when the cheaters are not all that good! I'm sure there are cheated results further down the lists. How to detect them? Or are they to go free, is it ok to cheat if you're not particularily good at it and makes wr's? No? Then we need methods for proof. Are you only fighting for those of you who are so good that you can compete about true wr*s? Most jumpers are not in that league, and for them those not so good cheaters are an embarrasment too. Either we have a method for detecting cheating or we have not.

So instead of whining it is better to focus on constructive ideas, trying to make the best of what we have. (Hey, I'm definately not happy about the situation either, but get real!)
Skyflyer

Post by Skyflyer »

Why my post has been deleted?!
JOIN THE BEST DSJ3 TOURNAMENT!
http://www.dsj3.net/index.php?lang=en