The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
SecretEyeCZ

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by SecretEyeCZ »

I'm not talking about mods... I'm talking about making hills by the same way as Jussi makes it... It IS possible. Only one thing Jussi must do is explain it and then nothing... Too hard? Everything can be expained... ;)
davisp

Post by davisp »

SecretEyeCZ wrote:I'm not talking about mods... I'm talking about making hills by the same way as Jussi makes it... It IS possible. Only one thing Jussi must do is explain it and then nothing... Too hard? Everything can be expained... ;)
Probably you'd have to replace a old hill then, because you'd need to touch the exe to insert new hills...
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
gleniu

Post by gleniu »

The main problem of DSJ is its distribution, no doubt. Publishing it on Steam or GOG could make a miracle for sales. Porting to Android - although it would be very difficult or impossible - could also give it a second life. It is a niche game? Of course, but just look at the number of installation of only two ski jumping games available on Google Play. One (the paid one) - between 10 000 and 50 000 installations. The second one (free one, very similiar to DSJ2) - between 1 000 000 and 5 000 000 installation! And those games are much worse than DSJ. So it is a niche, but surely a very profitable niche. Jussi, let be honest - the sales level isn't DSJ4 fault itself, it is its marketing and distribution fault. If you could make this game more popular (by using Steam for example), you could get more customers. More customers means that you could lower the price for online subscription, which would give you even more customers. Think about it, because you have made a great game, which even doesn't need any polishing. It is 10/10 in its genre. More hills? Of course it would be great, but there are enough hills in the game already. I have fun playing it for many years already and it is very sad to go online and see noone there. I would love to buy online, even for the current price, but it is pointless to buy it and play alone on the servers.

Conlcusion: I bet that the only thing DSJ needs is more popularity, and it WILL gain popularity if you start to sell it on any popular digital distribution platforms.
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

gleniu wrote:The main problem of DSJ is its distribution, no doubt. Publishing it on Steam or GOG could make a miracle for sales. Porting to Android - although it would be very difficult or impossible - could also give it a second life. It is a niche game? Of course, but just look at the number of installation of only two ski jumping games available on Google Play. One (the paid one) - between 10 000 and 50 000 installations. The second one (free one, very similiar to DSJ2) - between 1 000 000 and 5 000 000 installation! And those games are much worse than DSJ. So it is a niche, but surely a very profitable niche. Jussi, let be honest - the sales level isn't DSJ4 fault itself, it is its marketing and distribution fault. If you could make this game more popular (by using Steam for example), you could get more customers. More customers means that you could lower the price for online subscription, which would give you even more customers. Think about it, because you have made a great game, which even doesn't need any polishing. It is 10/10 in its genre. More hills? Of course it would be great, but there are enough hills in the game already. I have fun playing it for many years already and it is very sad to go online and see noone there. I would love to buy online, even for the current price, but it is pointless to buy it and play alone on the servers.

Conlcusion: I bet that the only thing DSJ needs is more popularity, and it WILL gain popularity if you start to sell it on any popular digital distribution platforms.
Well spoken!
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

Hi,
could somebody please tell me in a few words what happend since April 2014 ?
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Georg Gasser wrote:Hi,
Nothing. There are no current plans for future updates so it's likely that nothing will happen in the future either. Some people are upset because they feel that a non-evolving game = a dead game. And some others, like me, don't care and just keep playing as always before.

Probably the last 10 pages of this thread consist of people complaining and other people telling them to stop complaining. So, nothing new, really.
Georg Gasser

Post by Georg Gasser »

MJumper wrote:
Georg Gasser wrote:Hi,
Nothing. There are no current plans for future updates so it's likely that nothing will happen in the future either. Some people are upset because they feel that a non-evolving game = a dead game. And some others, like me, don't care and just keep playing as always before.

Probably the last 10 pages of this thread consist of people complaining and other people telling them to stop complaining. So, nothing new, really.
Ok thanks Martin.
Yannici

Post by Yannici »

Go for a Green Light Release on Steam... that would be the best for more popularity!
And Jussi also will get more motivation to develope more features.
Derrida

Post by Derrida »

Also remeber: the more popularity game has, the more likely is for craker groups to hack and crak it. DSJ was always small game, and only few people outside finland or poland knows about.
AlexRollercoaster

Post by AlexRollercoaster »

I totally agree, there are so many sport games on sport, would be a shame if there would'nt be place for a skijumping game, especially it's the best one;) We can do It!
AlexRollercoaster

Post by AlexRollercoaster »

For everyone who's interested ^^

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/abou ... ection=faq
Heel

Post by Heel »

Tottally agree, guys.
kubaork

Post by kubaork »

Hi! I am now doing ski jump game for Android :-) Also it can be avaliable on PC and iOS.
It's only 2D with not so good graphics, this will be my first published game.
I am doing it, because there are so little Android Ski Jump games and it looks like we won't see any new DSJ in future :(
Anyway - I want to do this Ski Jump game for YOU! With good multiplayer and gameplay (like in DSJ you must have skill)
If anyone wants to help me with doing this game - suggest something or test very alpha game - send message to my email
jakub.dybczak@gmail.com
PS. But don't except extra graphics - only skill and good gameplay :-)
PS2. I hope that Jussi will not delete this message for advertisting or something. Since there is so few Ski Jumping game, lets change it :-)
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

kubaork wrote:Hi! I am now doing ski jump game for Android :-) Also it can be avaliable on PC and iOS.
It's only 2D with not so good graphics, this will be my first published game.
I am doing it, because there are so little Android Ski Jump games and it looks like we won't see any new DSJ in future :(
Anyway - I want to do this Ski Jump game for YOU! With good multiplayer and gameplay (like in DSJ you must have skill)
If anyone wants to help me with doing this game - suggest something or test very alpha game - send message to my email
jakub.dybczak@gmail.com
PS. But don't except extra graphics - only skill and good gameplay :-)
PS2. I hope that Jussi will not delete this message for advertisting or something. Since there is so few Ski Jumping game, lets change it :-)
Wow, I deeply esteem that you have undertaken the challenge such like this :) I am really happy there is someone interested in creating skijumping-game in 'this kind's dark times'. I hope it will become recognisable all around the skijumping world and count on you that you will have enough time and motivation. Looking forward to seeing new information :wink:
PS. You'd better create the topic in off-topic in order to not charging this popular topic :)
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
kubaork

Post by kubaork »

Szymon11 wrote: Wow, I deeply esteem that you have undertaken the challenge such like this :) I am really happy there is someone interested in creating skijumping-game in 'this kind's dark times'. I hope it will become recognisable all around the skijumping world and count on you that you will have enough time and motivation. Looking forward to seeing new information :wink:
PS. You'd better create the topic in off-topic in order to not charging this popular topic :)