The future of DSJ

General discussion about DSJ4.
KamilStoch

Re: The future of DSJ

Post by KamilStoch »

I also ended playing because i have not money. Jussi, thanks for games. Don't not understimate your work for games world ;) It sad but most games and game groups finished at some points. Only few, like GTA, is still continud (becouse 300 million peopel play and game has million workers!)

Jussi isnt you have a possiblity to get a group, of many programming people, and then continue on new DSJ, or do some other game, than ski jump? Or have you founded another job?
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

KamilStoch wrote:I also ended playing because i have not money. Jussi, thanks for games. Don't not understimate your work for games world ;) It sad but most games and game groups finished at some points. Only few, like GTA, is still continud (becouse 300 million peopel play and game has million workers!)

Jussi isnt you have a possiblity to get a group, of many programming people, and then continue on new DSJ, or do some other game, than ski jump?
I've been contemplating the retirement too. After long time of thinking I decided. I will be playing DSJ online the following two seasons and after this period I will go away in glory. :wink:
This decision can be changed whether in this game would be something to attract me. E.g. new feures like hills especially. :twisted:
Or have you founded another job?
That's really accurate question. I am just curious whence you will earn a living after stopping DSJ's development? Mention, that you don't have to answer Jussi, I don't want to bother, but it would be nice to know what is happening with you.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Szymon11 wrote:
KamilStoch wrote:
Or have you founded another job?
That's really accurate question. I am just curious whence you will earn a living after stopping DSJ's development? Mention, that you don't have to answer Jussi, I don't want to bother, but it would be nice to know what is happening with you.
Yes, I am working for another company full time. Nice job, programming related.
jedlin12

Post by jedlin12 »

Jussi, Are you planning to upgrade hills in Planica and Kulm to new parameters?
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Seems to be not possible.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Yes, I am working for another company full time. Nice job, programming related.
Does that mean the game is completely abandoned?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bartek Palewicz wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:Yes, I am working for another company full time. Nice job, programming related.
Does that mean the game is completely abandoned?
I am not actively developing the game, but I keep the show running.
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

I keep the show running...? haha.. really?
0 new hills = fewer and fewer people
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:I keep the show running...? haha.. really?
In my point of view you're a little bit too informal in statements you express. But, I know whence do your frustration and chagrin come from :cry:
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Szymon11 wrote:
TheMrSkiBarPL wrote:I keep the show running...? haha.. really?
In my point of view you're a little bit too informal in statements you express. But, I know whence do your frustration and chagrin come from :cry:
Why would you be formal on this forum? Damn, we are just talking...

And he's 100% right, what does that keeping the show running mean? This game is unfinished and keeping online servers alive doesn't mean keeping any interest in this game.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bartek Palewicz wrote:And he's 100% right, what does that keeping the show running mean?
Keeping the show running means that I will do all the administrative/support tasks just like earlier.
Koniasty

Post by Koniasty »

Well, I've been absent for a long time. I've came back to see what's going on and apparently DSJ is done.
I guess I'll just go and play SJ3.
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Now, reading this thread (and others) I have seen two reasonings that I do not quite follow:
1) "DSJ4 is finished, therefore I'll stop playing"
Wait, was it better to play it before it was finished? Surely it is a better game now than earlier.
2) "DSJ4 will forever be unfinished, therefore I'll stop playing"
Wait, so why did you play it before then, back when it was even less finished?

The only reason to play a game for me is whether it's good or not. It's that simple. DSJ4 was good two years ago so I played it. It was good one year ago so I played it. It's still good and it won't get any worse, so I'll probably keep playing it. It's a recipie for disappointment to play a game because you hope it will improve in the future.

Sure, I understand that some people get bored playing the same game for a long time. But it's not the game's fault for not changing, it's the player's "fault" for changing his opinion over time. I'm saying this because I'm just getting tired of seeing how the only activity on this forum revolves around complaining to Jussi that you are now bored after happily enjoing his game for years... Who does it help to complain? It just makes everyone's day worse (including one's own).
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Well said Mjumper!
akkarbelling

Post by akkarbelling »

Koniasty wrote:Well, I've been absent for a long time. I've came back to see what's going on and apparently DSJ is done.
I guess I'll just go and play SJ3.
Go and play SJ3, no one cares what you do anyway.