Just a visual rating idea.

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.

Yes or no?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 12

szymbar15

Just a visual rating idea.

Post by szymbar15 »

*Wait for the huge image to load*
SEE WHAT BECAME OUT OF ME?! xD
I just think it would be easier to compare ourselves...
Well, it's the real CPU rating in here...
I'm 12th in THIS World Cup... :>
If my jump is better in Kalle's, I'm just drunk...
If someone is able to do http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1157 , PM me please
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just a visual rating idea.

Post by Jussi Koskela »

This is possible, but what rating should we show in the overall cup stats? None? The average?
szymbar15

Post by szymbar15 »

The rating on that hill, obviously. In that case, from the normal hill, but on Lahti, the Big hill one. And the third one for Planica and other Ski Flying hills.
If someone is able to do http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1157 , PM me please
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

szymbar15 wrote:The rating on that hill, obviously. In that case, from the normal hill, but on Lahti, the Big hill one. And the third one for Planica and other Ski Flying hills.
I was referring to the cup stats (not the competition stats).
szymbar15

Post by szymbar15 »

Ah, right. So I think average one should fit, like in Online, I remember there was one Ski Jumper (Jakub?) who was really great on Normal hills, but he had worse results on other hills and his rating was quite lower than me.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Or maybe even all of them could be showed like 1000/1050/1100 (if there's just enough space for that).
szymbar15

Post by szymbar15 »

Oh, I'm sure it will be visible on 1920x1080, I recently bought new monitor, and as you can see there is lot of free space. Thanks for reading!
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I'm still targeting 4:3 in the menus (my monitor is a good old 4:3 CRT! :D)
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

Jussi Koskela wrote:I'm still targeting 4:3 in the menus (my monitor is a good old 4:3 CRT! :D)
Haha, i heard that the CRTs are showing colours much better than new LCDs, is that true?
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

Dydux666 wrote:Haha, i heard that the CRTs are showing colours much better than new LCDs, is that true?
I think this was true some 5-6 years ago. Today's modern LCDs are pretty good and comparable in terms of colour reproduction. I'm using an IPS panel and can't really complain. It also depends on calibration (if you do it). The default factory settings of newly bought monitor are usually not optimal.

I already got used to the stretch, but still, adding 16:9 / 16:10 support also for menu would be nice.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Martin Kafka wrote: I already got used to the stretch, but still, adding 16:9 / 16:10 support also for menu would be nice.
It's quite a lot of work to adapt the complete layout to different aspect ratios. Changing only the background images would be easier, though.